Claud Butler Sierra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Still waiting for parts to arrive, not helped by the Easter break.

I've acquired an Axa bottle dynamo from an acquaintance. It looks like a decent bit of kit, but is devoid of any mounting bracket. Fear not! My plan is to run it on the forks, and I'll make a bracket so it can bolt to the light mounting boss on the R/H fork leg. I've found some scraps of 5mm alloy plate, so when the tyres have arrived and the wheels are on I can offer it up and make my measurements for the bracket.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, the bits are in the post and I've received a tracking number. With luck and a following wind the bike should be finished within 2 days.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And she is finished! @Stonechat

IMG_20170420_170340.jpg

Just needs the dynamo sorted, but that's for another day. Just had a quick bimble up and down the road and it rolls beautifully, very comfy too. A longer ride on Saturday to get it all dialled in.

Dismount

Looks fab well done

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thankyou chaps and chapesses.

Martin, probably head up to Blisworth. Not to far for Mrs D to come retrieve me in the car if something falls off, and there's a trig point I want to bag.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks once again. I've only done a few hundred yards, but first impressions are of an effortless, comfy glide. Many thanks to @Stonechat for the bike. I can see Colin quickly becoming my favourite ride.

Top Bottom