Cleaning water bottles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasinayr

Über Member
During the hot weather I left some water in a plastic water bottle, being clear plastic I noticed that the water has turned green and stained the bottle.
I was thinking on getting chlorine tablets out of Blacks Outdoors or baby bottle cleaners out of Mothercare.
What do others use

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Dishwasher.

And they are cheap enough to bin when they reach the point of no return. I became ill once from a dirty bottle. Unpleasant.

pawl

Legendary Member
During the hot weather I left some water in a plastic water bottle, being clear plastic I noticed that the water has turned green and stained the bottle.
I was thinking on getting chlorine tablets out of Blacks Outdoors or baby bottle cleaners out of Mothercare.
What do others use

Boots own make baby bottle sterelising powder or Milton I have used both.Both effective. Boots own brand is cheaper.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A small bottle brush like this works for me
61lKb%2BvRZEL._SX425_.jpg

Alan O

Über Member
What do others use
Bleach, 50p to £1 for a big bottle, then be sure to wash it out properly afterwards.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Baby bottle sterilizing tablets although if the water had gone green i'd probably chuck the bottle and buy a new one .

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I just give it a shake with hot soapy water and then rinse it. After every ride mind you
I've not died yet

Salar

A fish out of water
I only use aluminium water bottles, have done for umpteen years for biking and fishing, filled them from streams, outdoor taps etc and just give them a quick swill at home and I'm still here.

si_c

Guru
I drain it out after a ride, give it a rinse and then let it air dry. Once every week or so when I remember I'll throw it in the dishwasher if there is space. I tend to use the same bottle every day for my commute and I've been fine so far.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dishwasher for me every time. I have several bottles as I cycle (sometimes with 2 bottles) and play golf twice each week. Easy to stick it in the washer and be confident they are clean.

Top Bottom