Cleats for singlespeed/fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sleeper

Quoted £95 for r077 and 105 in Evans? Sound good?

same price as I paid at CRC, but my package had a set of 0 float cleats too ('float' cleats come with the pedals).

edit - I've not got 105's so sounds a good price
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Is it worth taking them to lbs to have it fitted and tension done? No tool for tensioner the key I have is just to wide and plus I can't remove the pedals

Bugger

1496023 said:
I prefer SPD for fixed as it is much easier to pick up than a single sided pedal. On that basis, Crank Bros Eggbeaters might be even better but I have no experience of them.

I agree, get double sided SPDs and set the tension on relatively loose. I have them on my fixie and find them much much easier than flipping the pedal over to get into clips and much easier to get out of if I need to. When I first fitted them my first journey out was with trepidation but that went as soon as I had gone a few hundred yards.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Yaaay went lbs to get the tools. It's beautiful however already had me first embarrassment

What's the easier way of entering left foot first or keep it planted or the other way round

One size down??? I am 11.5 to 12 in regular shoes and 13 in Shimano SPD's.

Well thats what happened unless the wrong size label was put in the shoe... to be honest i found it strange but they are comfortable, anddon't seem tight in anyway.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Yaaay went lbs to get the tools. It's beautiful however already had me first embarrassment

What's the easier way of entering left foot first or keep it planted or the other way round

Depends which is your leading foot.
My leading foot is my left foot, so it's the first one I clip in and the last one I clip out. In fact i only clip it out at the end of the ride.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Depends which is your leading foot.
My leading foot is my left foot, so it's the first one I clip in and the last one I clip out. In fact i only clip it out at the end of the ride.

I tend to start with me right or keep it planted on the peddle. As of now I'm unclipping left

Top Bottom