Clingfilm on white bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GoldDust

Regular
Anyone wrap their white bar tape in clingfilm? My hubby wraps his yellow bar tape in cling film and it stays lovely. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this. If not how often will white bar tape need replacing

Citius

It is possible to clean it, you know. As for wrapping it in cling film - I've never heard anything so ridiculous, sorry.

zizou

Veteran
It might look lovely under the cling film but there is the small matter of the cling film on top which visually will negate the look of the bar tape no matter how pristine it remains. Plus does it not make it slippy to hold?

Neilsmith

Never understood this concept, an old friends parents wouldn't take the covering off their new sofas and they would remain covered for years. I personally made my white bar tape filthy after a couple of rides, then wear it through climbing in several months and recently replace it, which is quite fun having that new look again till I trash it again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is this another one of those wind ups?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Saw a chap on a rainy Audax with clingfilm over his helmet. I bet he had a sweaty head.

But clingfilm on bar tape? Ridiculous. How does it not get all rucked up and rubbish looking anyway, as well as uncomfortable?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's on a par with those pikey caravans we see in those My Big Fat Gypsy whatever stuff. They leave the plastic covers on their seats so they don't get marked, but how sweaty and slippery must they be?!

Top Bottom