Clingfilm on white bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It will be fine, if your description was honest do not let him chip you, he will try.

I have had a few nice cars go out there.

It's a long walk/swim back without a £500 deposit so as long as I stay strong it should be ok. TBH, he is getting a good deal, so should be happy.

screenman

Legendary Member
It's a long walk/swim back without a £500 deposit so as long as I stay strong it should be ok. TBH, he is getting a good deal, so should be happy.

I am not going to ask how much, how old etc, I love buying nice older cars. I had a 15 year old Saxo last year with 13,000 miles.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ludicrous. A bike is to be used and any fair wear and tear that results of normal use is a bonus, not a detriment. I am a lover of that 'patina' that develops with use. All my belongings look used but cared for. Mrs Skol hates my clothes because I am never really comfortable in new clothes and only get to like the things I wear once they have been broken in and developed that 'lived in' feel/look. Get the wrappers off and start riding that bike in anger.

Never understood this concept, an old friends parents wouldn't take the covering off their new sofas and they would remain covered for years. I personally made my white bar tape filthy after a couple of rides, then wear it through climbing in several months and recently replace it, which is quite fun having that new look again till I trash it again.
I hate this!!! My dad refuses to take the plastic covering off his new (now not so new) sofa bed...every time we visit it's like sleeping on a crisp packet!

stephec

Legendary Member
The best laugh involving cling film , stretch it over the top of a toilet :crazy:(not your own obviously)
I remember that being done in my hall of residence.

Just to rub it in, when the victim lifted the seat to see what was going on they may have found a note stuck there saying, "you've had a visit from the cling film fairy." :biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
Back on topic, if you use some of that creamy cleaner stuff they come up sparkly.

Just remember to clean the tops and leave the drops dirty, then everyone will think you're a hard rider. :biggrin:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Anyone wrap their white bar tape in clingfilm? My hubby wraps his yellow bar tape in cling film and it stays lovely. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this. If not how often will white bar tape need replacing

are your sofas still in the plastic sheets they came in?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Anyone wrap their white bar tape in clingfilm? My hubby wraps his yellow bar tape in cling film and it stays lovely. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this. If not how often will white bar tape need replacing
A wind up, surely? The colour of tape changes from white to yellow and back to white in the 4 sentences of your post.
If it's not a wind up; help is available here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom