Clip On Mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

Can anyone recommend me some clip on mud guards (not an ass saver) that would suit a 2013 Giant TCR?

I was thinking of Crud Catcher but, I have seen some reviews elsewhere on the internet stating that they don't stay in place.

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

I use SKS Raceblades. Just make sure you put the frame protector tape on to stop grit getting underneath and scratching the frame. I learned the hard way!

Reactions: DSK

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another vote for the SKS Raceblade Longs. Can be used with 25mm tyres if clearance is available under the brake bridge. I use mine with a Crud Roadracer rear piece to protect the chainset and give full coverage.

The raceblades do nothing to stop crud reaching your seat post, and more importantly covering your front mech with all sorts of unmentionable stuff.

The crudcatcher are far better for this but are not as easy to take on/off.

OP
OP
DSK

DSK

Thanks for the views, I will start looking into those options further.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
My experience of clip on mudguards is they save the rider but the bike still gets covered in crud . So my solution is buy a dedicated winter bike, one with good tyre clearance that takes full mudguards. Simples N +1 always solves the problem.

pclay

Veteran
I’ve just got hold of a giant defy from 2014. Mint condition only 200 miles according to the seller (and I believe them). The callipers are short drop and don’t look like the take full guards. The frustration is, the bike has dedicated mudguard fixing points. It looks like I will have to for for raceblades longs.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve just got hold of a giant defy from 2014. Mint condition only 200 miles according to the seller (and I believe them). The callipers are short drop and don’t look like the take full guards. The frustration is, the bike has dedicated mudguard fixing points. It looks like I will have to for for raceblades longs.
What about the dedicated Giant defy guards if you can find them?
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/fenders-mudguards

Top Bottom