Clip On Road Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I've just invested a whole tenner on one of these (have been waiting for a while to get one)

BBB-BFD-21R-RoadProtector-Rear-Fender-60508-Zoom.jpg

I spotted it at the Cycle Show and it looked really good. What I like is the fact that it unclips so I don't have to take a full set of guards off my regular bike, instead I have popped this on my 1983 Frontiera steelie which I keep at work and shove in the boot of my car.

Other brake mounted guards on the market tend to mount on the seatpost which I don't think is as effective.

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p60508/BBB-BFD-21R-RoadProtector-Rear-Fender.aspx

Anyways, it will hopefully stop my rear getting soaked when I go for my lunch ride.

Attachments

• BBB-BFD-21R-RoadProtector-Rear-Fender-60508-Zoom.jpg
    BBB-BFD-21R-RoadProtector-Rear-Fender-60508-Zoom.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 91

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I used to have something similar on my Scott Road bike. It keeps the muddy water of your rear but doesn't do anything to keep it off the cranks and chain.

On wet dirty roads its better than nothing but not a patch on a full set of guards .

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
had a set of crud racer II's that did a job but were awful for rubbing and falling to bits. have replaced them with some lifeline clip-ons from wiggle, using the sectional mudflaps from the crud racers to extend their usefulness…

Top Bottom