Clipless at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedFeend

Yesterday I ventured out clipless for the first time and against expectations came home without having hit the deck. Buggi advised unclipping at 12 o-clock position which was inspired. Thanks to her I got on better than expected. Chap from LBS said not to bother to slacken off the tension, but since I fell over 3 times practicing (in the privacy of the back garden) I undid the screw about 1 3/4 turns.

I am left handed & footed so assumed I would prefer unclipping the left foot, but I actually find the right side much easier. My theory is that I can balance the bike better using the weight on my left side.

Anyway, I'm really pleased. After only ever having used toe clips and not having ridden for 23 years, I don't think I would have had the confidence to try clipless without all the friendly advice on these forums.

Thank you everyone.

Glad you got back in one piece! The inevitable slow, highly embarrassing fall will happen at some point but maybe you've delayed it for a while by taking a couple in the back garden!!! :smile:

Top Bottom