Clocks going back. Forgetting to do the odd one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just put my 'mechanical' watch forward 11 hours, not one hour back, remembering that winding such watches and clocks back isn't good for them.🧐

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not been near the cars to see whether the clocks have done their magic, or not, yet.
All the other timepieces seem to be OK.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I never bother setting the oven or microwave clocks, and even when i have, I've always turned my head toward the wall clock instead of using those. The clock on the landline phone too... that never gets reset, or looked at. But I still need to change the clock in the bathroom.

When setting the time on the living room clock, on Sunday morning, I noted it had just stopped and a replacement battery was required. Good timing.

Everything else is automatic, except for the car, and that will get done later today when I head one to join my running club for an evening run. Whilst the car sets the time itself we have to manually turn off or on DST as appropriate.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I can't stand a device with a flashing clock or one not set right - wherever possible I will always set them right. Even the microwave in our caravan, which never gets looked at whilst on the drive at home, will be set right as soon as the power is plugged in.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Discovered that I'd missed one clock at 05:30 today when my alarm clock went off at its pre-set time of 06:30. The stupid thing is that I'd checked the alarm time was set correctly last night, but just didn't register the clock itself still being on BST.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I changed the clock in my car yesterday, after having bought the car in April. It 'self corrected' after the clocks went back, but had lost a few minutes since April, so I moved it to my preferred 5 minutes ahead of GMT as I'm a late for appointments/dates type.

Top Bottom