Close pass - on the wrong side of the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran

This happened about three weeks ago, it was only while clearing a memory card earlier that i realised that the camera had been on at the time. Basically do you think it is worth reporting this weeks after it happened or just let it slide?

jack smith

Veteran
Up to you really if you feel it is worth it then report it but thats just total careless driving

Profpointy

Legendary Member
does seem to have horrible parallels with that poor polish woman killed by the doctor.

I can see what the driver did though - cut the corner through laziness as he'd not seem the bike. Not clever

Crankarm

Guru
SH60 ZVK. Report even if the plod laugh at you, you have done your bit. If the driver subsequently kills some one doing the said same dangerous stunt and the plod ignore it and do nothing then you have it on record that they failed in their statutory duty to investigate and at the very least speak to the driver about their poor and dangerous standard of driving.

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Why wouldn't you report it...does it cost money?

You have the evidence and the time...fill your boots if it makes you feel better about the incident, why not.

But... I wouldn't linger about it, either act, or scrub the footage and forget about it...hanging on to events like this isn't healthy.

Ps,,what a total idot driver.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3477435, member: 9609"]
Does this apply to all crime ? or is it just another "get off" especially for motorists as its not really a proper crime[/QUOTE]No, just stuff like dangerous and careless driving. Careless is indeed not a crime, it's an offence.

There are exceptions to cover certain eventualities, but if the driver isn't NIPd within 14 days he can't be prosecuted. Could still be done if hes commuting document offences, but the chance to have them for the actual driving itself has passed.

The police have no statutory duty to just have a "quiet chat". The guy drove like an utter twot, and because of the time that has passed the police powers to act upon those offences have expired. Period.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Why wouldn't you report it...does it cost money?

You have the evidence and the time...fill your boots if it makes you feel better about the incident, why not.

But... I wouldn't linger about it, either act, or scrub the footage and forget about it...hanging on to events like this isn't healthy.

Im not hanging on to anything - i didnt know i had it on camera until last night. My question was just whether it was worth reporting after a few weeks or if these things need to be done sooner.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Im not hanging on to anything - i didnt know i had it on camera until last night. My question was just whether it was worth reporting after a few weeks or if these things need to be done sooner.
Apologies, I wasn't knocking you, reading back my post I can see that it came across that way...my advice was sincere, what I mean is...from this point on...make a point of doing one thing or the other as it will bug you for ages if you do nothing except leave this on youtube, watching it every so often.

Act on it or move on.

As far as a statute of limitations is concerned, afraid I don't know. So, I've offended you and been of no help. I shall go now...

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Apologies, I wasn't knocking you, reading back my post I can see that it came across that way...my advice was sincere, what I mean is...from this point on...make a point of doing one thing or the other as it will bug you for ages if you do nothing except leave this on youtube, watching it every so often.

Act on it or move on.

As far as a statute of limitations is concerned, afraid I don't know. So, I've offended you and been of no help. I shall go now...

No worries, no offence caused :smile:

Top Bottom