Close passes, its not always the motorists fault..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
amazing to watch, some of those pilots must have balls of steel to fly at those speeds so close to the ground.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A few years ago coming up through north Wales somewhere I heard a lorry coming up behind me. Got louder and looked out the side. One of these big surveillance things was flying almost level with me. Loud and very scary.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
What if the pilots are female?
Then they would have female balls of steel, just a figure of speech.

A figure of speech or rhetorical figure is figurative language in the form of a single word or phrase. It can be a special repetition, arrangement or omission of words with literal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I worked with Harriers for 4 years in Germany and these type of passes were regular occurances. But alway fun to watch.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Some countries appear to have dispensed with navigation instruments in their jet fighters, so they are having to follow motorways and read the blue signs !

Drago

Legendary Member
One favourite phrase the bosses used to trot out in the police was "Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men." That the man who coined this phrase lost his legs because he was ignoring the rules banning aerobatic antics was utterly lost on them.

Top Bottom