Clowns like this we can do without

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Well it makes a refreshing change to know that everybody thinks the cyclist is in the wrong on this occasion, as there is usually at least one person who will jump to their defence and blame the nasty motorist or a pedestrian for the cyclists blatant act of stupidity no matter what.. Cycling forums can be blinkered on occasion IMO.. If he needed a Sat-Nav then his ride couldn't have been very 'local' could it. God knows where he will end up when the exercise allowance is relaxed tomorrow :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People switch the tech on and their brains off!

Here's a photo that I took at the top of a local bridleway which is totally unsuited to motor traffic, but drivers STILL attempt to drive down it and get stuck...

1589288870295.png

:wacko:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Idiocy is an interesting thing isn't it? I occasionally see people who look as if they are commuting to work but they've still got the satnav stuck up in their field of vision. My neighbour is a frighteningly incompetent driver (she was nabbed doing 34 in our 20 mph street by two flouro-clad officers 200 yards from us) and she won't even start the car until she's set up the satnav even when she knows exactly where she's going.

Here's a photo that I took at the top of a local bridleway which is totally unsuited to motor traffic, but drivers STILL attempt to drive down it and get stuck...

View attachment 521706

Too much signage (sign clutter) is bizarrely known to do that :wacko:

My brain in a car would probably only have the time to process the dead end sign and not continue but only the smaller yellow sign actually tell me I 'must' not continue in a car. Its pretty poor signage for drivers :sad:

Reactions: C R

ColinJ

Too much signage (sign clutter) is bizarrely known to do that :wacko:

My brain in a car would probably only have the time to process the dead end sign and not continue but only the smaller yellow sign actually tell me I 'must' not continue in a car. Its pretty poor signage for drivers :sad:
It didn't start off like that! Drivers kept getting stuck so the council and locals kept adding signs... :laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Unbelievable. Ive just read a story of a bloke getting wiped out by a Porsche 911 and then i read this about some d1ck on a bicycle who rides on the motorway... Proof that idiots exist on every form of transport.

ColinJ

People don't read one sign, so are unlikely to read 2 of them. I good old fashioned bollard would sort that out.
They can't do that because for 200 metres or so it is also access to some cottages. Beyond that is where the bridleway itself starts. No matter what your satnav is telling you, does this REALLY look like a road!! :whistle:

It gets narrower, steeper, muddier and rockier from that point but I have seen car tyre tracks for at least another 300 metres along there.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

View attachment 521706

There's an example of signage overload right there.

I'm not saying that people aren't idiots who drive down there, but must everyone have their friggin' signs up? There 7 in view, plus the top of summat else on the wooden pole below the green sign.

boydj

Legendary Member
I'd guess he didn't know how to get to where he was going and the place was signposted via the motorway. Hence the second attempt.

straas

Matt
One of my first jobs, I was very green to driving - passed at uni then didn't drive for 5 years. Was asked to drive up to Edinburgh from Manchester - the furthest I'd done till then was 14 miles from home to work.

Mostly went ok, till my satnav sent me onto the east lothian trail. It seemed ok at first, then I got more and more concerned, as it narrowed - before ultimately stopping me at an A frame.

A three point turn into brambles was fun...

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Not just idiot cyclists get it wrong I was coming home along the M4 after one of @the Claud cycle meets on the Gower. A car passed me going the wrong way up the fast lane. I pulled off and phoned the police then carried on home along the A48.

Next day I googled it to see if the guy had caused a disaster to my surprise there have been dozens of cases of people driving the wrong way up the motorway. This particular driver was 5 times over the alcohol limit .

Top Bottom