C'mon hands Up who left their steed at home today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cosmicned

No probs on the way in- but big head wind & evil looking rain squall to hack thru on the final 2 miles home - Nasty but kinda rewarding in a gritting teeth stylee...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I had a good ride in today (although there was a fairly strong headwind) but was dreading the ride home.

Often I find the stuff I dread turns out to be alright and tonight was (oddly) one of my best rides home. There was the usual head wind in the usual places and it was ...at one point...laughabley strong but I seemed to have found a second wind (scuse the pun) and kept whizzing on.

big grin when I got home

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Whenever I need motivation to cycle in to work, I think of Mel Gibsons 'Braveheart' speech.

"Aye, cycle and you'll get wet. Drive, and you'll be dry....at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our workmates that they may take the mickey, but they'll never take....OUR FREEDOM, to cycle in to work."

erm, I may be paraphrasing.
scared0010.gif

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Whenever I need motivation to cycle in to work, I think of Mel Gibsons 'Braveheart' speech.

"Aye, cycle and you'll get wet. Drive, and you'll be dry....at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our workmates that they may take the mickey, but they'll never take....OUR FREEDOM, to cycle in to work."

erm, I may be paraphrasing.
scared0010.gif

LOL...I'm going to commit that to memory

dhd.evans

Veteran
Today started so well - busting my gut into work, hooning at 20mph for most of it (9 miles in 20-odd minutes, yay!) with the wind at my back. Which means, obviously, it'll be a headwind on the way home. Check it out for 1600hrs. Bear in mind i'm cycling into that.

Imma cry.

Top Bottom