CNP Hydro Tabs: What Happened to Them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianbarton

Veteran
I have tried various electrolyte tablets in the past and they either make me feel slightly sick, or taste like cat piss. CNP Ginger Flavour hit the sweet spot. I like the taste and they don't make me feel sick. I am down to my last tab and they seem to have disappeared from sale. You can still buy them direct from CNP, but the postage costs the same as the tablets.

Anyone like to recommend me some other tabs, or suggest where I can get the CNC ones, apart from direct from CNC.

Katherine

Guru
Wish I'd known about the ginger ones!
Anyway, try High 5 citrus or pink grapefruit, which are quite refreshing. They also do a neutral one which you can add your own flavour to but I haven't tried it yet.

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
Wish I'd known about the ginger ones!
Anyway, try High 5 citrus or pink grapefruit, which are quite refreshing. They also do a neutral one which you can add your own flavour to but I haven't tried it yet.
THanks. I think he High 5 tabs were one of the brands that made me feel slightly sick. However, I'll give them another go and see how I get on.

vickster

Legendary Member
THanks. I think he High 5 tabs were one of the brands that made me feel slightly sick. However, I'll give them another go and see how I get on.
How much are the ones you do like? Better to spend a fiver on postage, stock up, than spend a fiver on something you don't like postage free? Holland and Barrett seem to sell that brand, maybe see if they have in store? Assuming it's CNP and not CNC as you mention both twice in your post

Otherwise, A quality squash plus a little salt?

PapaZita

Guru
My search for drinks that don’t make me feel sick has led me to Skratch Labs. Really nice natural flavours (but no ginger) and defintely easier on the stomach than anything I’d tried before. If you like ginger you could also look into Active Root, which they say is designed around the stomach-settling properties of ginger. I’ve just bought a few packs and am going to try one for the first time tomorrow.

However, both of these are powders rather than tablets, and they both contain some sugar. Not nearly as much as a sticky energy drink, but they’re not pure electrolyte either. I suspect the sugar content makes them too bulky to be made into tablets, which is a shame because tablets would be so much more convenient to carry for a mid-ride top up.

Alan O

Über Member
I make up my own drink with 6 teaspoons of sugar and about 3/4 teaspoon of salt per litre of water, with a little lemon juice added for flavour. It might be worth a try if you can no longer get your favourite, and it won't lose you much money if you don't like it.

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
My search for drinks that don’t make me feel sick has led me to Skratch Labs. Really nice natural flavours (but no ginger) and defintely easier on the stomach than anything I’d tried before. If you like ginger you could also look into Active Root, which they say is designed around the stomach-settling properties of ginger. I’ve just bought a few packs and am going to try one for the first time tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I don't feel sick with any other sort of drinks other than some of the electrolytes. CNP seem to have stopped making the Ginger flavour and only sell pineapple. I only use electrolyte drinks when it's hot, as I sweat a lot. Other times I just use something like SquashD.

Serge

Über Member
Thanks, I'll give those a try. I don't feel sick with any other sort of drinks other than some of the electrolytes. CNP seem to have stopped making the Ginger flavour and only sell pineapple. I only use electrolyte drinks when it's hot, as I sweat a lot. Other times I just use something like SquashD.
One word: Carlsberg.

Top Bottom