Co2/Air Cartridges.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to you all out there. Can anyone tell me please if the cartridges only inflate the inner-tubes after a puncture has been repaired or do they seal and inflate as some car rescue kits do?
If they simply inflate after a puncture has been repaired or an inner-tube has been replaced with a spare that is being carried,are they really worth the cost of having them?
Is it only regarded as a Winter thing because of the cold on ones hands after the work of changing an inner-tube?

amaferanga

Veteran
You need to swap the tube or fix the puncture first. Their advantage is that you can inflate the tyre to a good 100psi plus effortlessly. I always carry a small pump as well as I find it's a good idea to start the tube off with the pump and then make sure the tube isn't pinched before using the CO2 cartridge.

They're not cheap, but unbranded ones can be had for much less than the branded ones (even cheaper if you buy in bulk).

Berties

Fast and careful!
its a speed thing remove the wheel replace tube the co2 up to the valve 2 seconds and you are there and wheel back on tighten skewer and your off,the only problem is the speed the tyre goes up is not forgiving if the tyre is not straight or pinched

Hi to you both. Thank you for your quick replies and the info in-particular about the speed of inflation and the risk of pinching.
I use a Micro Pump from MaxGear on my bikes when out and about ,it is a dead ringer for the Air Bone.
When back at base I have a Track Pump.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
its a speed thing remove the wheel replace tube the co2 up to the valve 2 seconds and you are there and wheel back on tighten skewer and your off,the only problem is the speed the tyre goes up is not forgiving if the tyre is not straight or pinched
It's entirely possible to put just enough air in the tube to let you check for pinching and bead seating.

Top Bottom