CO2 inflators.....is it worth me getting one (and other questions)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Topeak pocket rocket is my mini pump of choice, 100 psi quickly and without breaking sweat.

I also like the Lezyne ABS flex hose mini pump.

I've not felt the need to switch to CO2 with either of these to use, but never say never

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
How does the pressure get regulated with CO2 inflation?

By that I mean how do I know if the CO2 inflation is to 90psi, 110psi or whatever.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well the verdict is absolutely possitively erh.........
Mixed :smile:
For me.....I think I will stick to the hand pump.
Many thanks for the replies.

Lonestar

Veteran
Just ordered another mini pump as one of my two mini pumps have seized up? as found out today.Lucky I always carry two as I've had previous experience of my pumps letting me down when I need them most.Perhaps I should check them more often.

Should have done a poll Dave7.;)

Jimidh

Veteran
Definitely yes from me - I always take one with a mini pump as a back up on road rides. MTB Rides in just use the mini pump as it's easy enough to get correct pressure fairly quickly.

Re-inflates a tyre in seconds which is invaluable on a commute, group ride and especially on a cold wet minging day.

Yes a mini pump will inflate a tyre but the technology is there to do it quickly so why not use it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
One cartridge will inflate a tyre really hard, too hard in fact. It takes about two seconds so you need to be careful that the bead is seated and the tube not trapped. I carry two; one upside-down in the trigger thingy in a jersey pocket and another in my small seat pack.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am a fan, far quicker than a pump.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I only ever carry Co2 bottles , they are small and easy to put in the saddle bag and i can get 3 full inflations from the 2 bottles so never had a need to cart a pump around

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Definitely yes from me - I always take one with a mini pump as a back up on road rides. MTB Rides in just use the mini pump as it's easy enough to get correct pressure fairly quickly.

Re-inflates a tyre in seconds which is invaluable on a commute, group ride and especially on a cold wet minging day.

Yes a mini pump will inflate a tyre but the technology is there to do it quickly so why not use it.

Well it sounds like the technology of a pump with a gauge cannot be matched by CO2. I appreciate that CO2 is fast but I will stick with my Topeak Roadmorph as I can guarantee 110psi and the actual inflation takes about 2-3 minutes. I don't really want to be faced with a 30 mile ride home without my tyres guaranteed up to full pressure. Anyway, each to their own

lutonloony

Über Member
I've had a mini pump that I got from poundland, lasted 2 years with no probs, seal now dead, so only 20psi. Think I might need some Vaseline so to speak

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I highly recommend co2. The one drawback is you get 1 shot, but the pro is not spending any more time than required in the pissing rain at the roadside

Jimidh

Veteran
Well it sounds like the technology of a pump with a gauge cannot be matched by CO2. I appreciate that CO2 is fast but I will stick with my Topeak Roadmorph as I can guarantee 110psi and the actual inflation takes about 2-3 minutes. I don't really want to be faced with a 30 mile ride home without my tyres guaranteed up to full pressure. Anyway, each to their own

As you say each to there it own but it doesn't really matter whether your tyres are 108 or 110psi and any experienced cyclist knows from feeling a tyre how close to the correct pressure the tyre is.

Top Bottom