Cobbled Corner Cafe, Chipping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Thanks. It's just across the road from the cafe. Ideal.

I wonder how many of the motormouths on here have even heard of Chipping, never mind been there?
Never heard of it, never been there but sounds like a place to avoid given the sort of people that might be encountered .

Adam4868

Guru
Lol...I never knew there was so much animosity in here 😁
Its just a cafe in a little villiage in Lancashire.Although quite a landmark if your into cycling around these parts.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wonder how many of the motormouths on here have even heard of Chipping, never mind been there?
I can only speak for this particular motormouth... I have heard of Chipping, ride through there regularly, like it round there, and have even been a customer at Cobbled Corner! :okay:

------------- WARNING - EXTREME LACK OF TRACK AND TRACE INFORMATION -------------
I don't know their track and trace system so I apparently should not be posting, but...
whistling.gif

... The staff there forgot my egg and beans on toast once! Everybody else got served while I waited patiently. Eventually, I reminded them but they still forgot the egg. We were about to leave when the owner came running over with a poached egg butty. I didn't want to cart it around with me so bit into it outside the cafe and the lightly-poached yolk promptly burst and dribbled all over me! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
As I ride through Chipping on a regular basis perhaps this will help. The Cobbled Corner is open and just last Wednesday I saw people sat outside with coffee, cake, sandwiches. There were folk inside. The outdoor seating is extremely limited. I have no idea of their Track and Trace policy for outside and my experience is outdoor T and T policy in our local cafés is a touch random.

The farm shop opposite has plenty of seating outside with good social distancing if your group is concerned over this. You say you are planning a very long day out. If it was me I wouldn't consider the farm shop close to adequate for a food stop. It's nice, the staff are friendly but it's bog standard coffee, pre-packed cake or sandwiches. I've stopped once in an emergency - the CC was closed - and wouldn't bother again unless I literally just wanted coffee. If I wanted a feed stop I'd go across the road though there are other places we prefer so often ride straight through Chipping.

Plenty of other very good places in the Ribble Valley, several near Chipping.

The Cobbled Corner was put up for sale or let last Friday.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Its just a cafe in a little villiage in Lancashire.Although quite a landmark if your into cycling around these parts.
Absolutely. It's a well known fact locally that all roads lead to Chipping. Centre of the local universe.

It's true, ride in the Ribble Valley and count the road signs to Chipping!! 😂

Stu Smith

Veteran
I was in the fore mentioned cafe Cobbled Corner two weeks ago. - Sat ouside with my cake and coffee.
I did see a book to be filled out with name and contact number etc, but I wasn't asked to complete with my details..

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Darius_Jedburgh the Cobbled Corner was closed today - this is on a day when the cafés in the area were absolutely rammed. On our ride the first three we had to leave due to queues to get in or be served. The fourth we ate at but it's a place one has to know of to find!

A friend reports it was also closed last week when he turned up.

If you want to indicate your route I may be able to offer suggestions.

Be aware the "Eat Out to Help Out" campaign is very, very popular in the Ribble Valley and Forest of Bowland.

Wondered how long before Vickster joined in. Good job my ignore list is working.
am assuming that's a joke as otherwise you wouldn't have known about the comment?
mind you, i don't really know the ins and outs of the ignore function - i never use it (my brain is evolved enough to just ignore folk and comments i want to ignore)

Last edited:
I was in the fore mentioned cafe Cobbled Corner two weeks ago. - Sat ouside with my cake and coffee.
I did see a book to be filled out with name and contact number etc, but I wasn't asked to complete with my details..
it's my understanding that that is essentially how it works anywhere - establishments don't police it.
And i reckon an in-indepth analysis of returns will show that dominic cummings and mary wakefield have been zapping around the country like no-ones business.

Thanks. It's just across the road from the cafe. Ideal.

i know chipping rather well - personally i sit on the bench outside the church - or in the churchyard
(replied here in case am being condemned as a chipping ignorant motormouth)

fine public toilet as well (for church loiterers) - no i don't know if it's open at the mo.

for anyone else on this odd thread I commend chipping and the entire area.

Adam4868

Guru
fine public toilet as well (for church loiterers) - no i don't know if it's open at the mo.

for anyone else on this odd thread I commend chipping and the entire area.
I'm no expert on Toilets...will take your word for that 😁 I know the cobbled corner is for sale,I'm pretty sure the owners are moving on in Sept.It was open last week when I went past Probally sporadic opening at the moment.Its not a place I use a lot anyway.

I'm no expert on Toilets...will take your word for that 😁 I know the cobbled corner is for sale,I'm pretty sure the owners are moving on in Sept.It was open last week when I went past Probally sporadic opening at the moment.Its not a place I use a lot anyway.
the fine fine toilet is in the public carpark just behind the cobbled corner. I last used it when out on a ride with two other cheapskate reprobates from this very place - we had brought our own food and were sitting on the aforementioned bench outside the church - seem to recall that i wanted to sit in the churchyard but one of them was too lazy to walk up the steps.
(I have now I am sure saved you from an embarassing mishap in chipping)

Top Bottom