Cobbled Corner Cafe, Chipping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Be prepared to take out a 2nd morgage if you eat here :whistle:
Which fools are going into cafés these days? Give your details in and sweat for 14 days on a phone calling you that you are banned from everything for two weeks, as are anyone you've even thought about.

Get a takeaway and sit outside. Failing that find a shop or petrol station.

Giving up my freedom because someone I don't know wants a cup of coffee isn't anywhere on the agenda.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Country Kitchen in Waddington has closed down as it was put up for sale, but hopefully it will reopen in the near future as it appears to have been sold.
I don't know if that is 'sold' as in 'recently sold' or sold at the end of last year?

I cycled past on the 10th January this year...

Cobbled Corner' cafe in Chipping was closed for the day (there was an apologetic notice in the window) and when we got to Waddington we found that new owners of the 'Country Kitchen' cafe have closed it for refurbishment. We thought about calling at a cafe in Whalley but decided not to bother.
I wouldn't be surprised if those new owners never got the chance to reopen the cafe because of the virus?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The Country Kitchen in Waddington has closed down as it was put up for sale, but hopefully it will reopen in the near future as it appears to have been sold.

https://www.rightbiz.co.uk/buy_business/for_sale/231577_lancashire.html

The Country Kitchen has been closed since mid-January. It was purchased by, I believe, two young men who immediately closed it for refurbishment.

I cycled by last week and stopped to look. Nothing appears to have changed in the last eight months. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is hoping for change of use to residential - a thought as I have nothing to substantiate it.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Which fools are going into cafés these days? Give your details in and sweat for 14 days on a phone calling you that you are banned from everything for two weeks, as are anyone you've even thought about.

Giving up my freedom because someone I don't know wants a cup of coffee isn't anywhere on the agenda.
All the cafes we visit on a regular basis, pre and post Covid-19, have good outdoor seating and have introduced at table ordering. There is no requirement to give details if one stays outside. All in my group bar one are 65+ and we feel very comfortable and are far from fools. There's no need to avoid all cafes.

We've agreed we will review the situation as and when necessary. Three options - go inside which is highly unlikely; take sandwiches, very old school; alter our rides to 40-50 miles meaning no cafe stop is needed.

Stu Smith

Veteran

Giving up my freedom because someone I don't know wants a cup of coffee isn't anywhere on the agenda
I haven't been in a cafe since January - Must admit I have got quite good at in pocket nutrition.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
All the cafes we visit on a regular basis, pre and post Covid-19, have good outdoor seating and have introduced at table ordering. There is no requirement to give details if one stays outside. All in my group bar one are 65+ and we feel very comfortable and are far from fools. There's no need to avoid all cafes.

We've agreed we will review the situation as and when necessary. Three options - go inside which is highly unlikely; take sandwiches, very old school; alter our rides to 40-50 miles meaning no cafe stop is needed.
You are Wheelton/Withnell are you not?
I'm on the coast and everywhere between here and Chorley has been asking for details even to sit outside. Quite draconian some of them.
So where do you go that does outside service with no details required.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You are Wheelton/Withnell are you not?
I'm on the coast and everywhere between here and Chorley has been asking for details even to sit outside. Quite draconian some of them.
So where do you go that does outside service with no details required.
Bill Rimmer's - Southport
Eden - Burscough
Potter's Barn - Ribchester
Applestore - Scorton
Bridge 64 - Nateby

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Bill Rimmer's - Southport
Eden - Burscough
Potter's Barn - Ribchester
Applestore - Scorton
Bridge 64 - Nateby
Thanks. Didn't know about Bill Rimmer but he's only a couple of miles away so is out of the game.
The other names are useful👍

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks. Didn't know about Bill Rimmer but he's only a couple of miles away so is out of the game.
The other names are useful👍
There are others but I'd have to sit down and think of the names! I know where they are but the names??? It tends to be "Shall we ride to such and such a place?" and someone will say "We could stop at XYZ"

Bill Rimmer's is great. Very good food and value and there staff are lovely. It suits us very well for a break on a fast 50 to your neck of the woods.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Darius_Jedburgh - The Lunchbox, Nateby. It's a takeaway with a couple of tables outside and room round the side to stand with your bike. Very good and reasonable prices. We stop here after 30-35 miles when riding 100+ northwards.

Nothing luxurious but a great value stop.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
@PaulSB
Yes. Thanks. Know it. It's very much a long summer ride up there for us. The sort of thing to do once a year when the days are long. Think that window has gone for this year.

Top Bottom