Cobbled Corner Cafe, Chipping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Skills learned over years of being unsociable are finally coming useful.

Just take your own sandwiches/pies/biscuits etc. No need to speak to or go near anyone. Occasionally go into shops for bottle refills, but keep an eye out for taps in churchyards.
Agree. Some of us cycle for some quiet solace, others like the social aspects. When on a long ride i take a light rucksack, pop in a tupperware box with sandwiches, snacks and a cool block.find a nice quiet spot and enjoy the peace

I too found the waddington place closed when I cycled past recently. Odd as I thought it was under new recent ownership.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
@PaulSB
Another caff for you to consider if you are coming west is The Gasket in Appley Bridge.
Hot food, inc bacon, eggs etc., and no details required.
I've just had a decent sized cappuchino, a cheese pannini and a piece of cake for £6.60.
A converted shipping container, popular with the motor cycle boys.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Country Kitchen in Waddington has closed down as it was put up for sale, but hopefully it will reopen in the near future as it appears to have been sold.
The Country Kitchen has been closed since mid-January. It was purchased by, I believe, two young men who immediately closed it for refurbishment.
I too found the waddington place closed when I cycled past recently. Odd as I thought it was under new recent ownership.
It was still closed last week [August 2021], and didn't look like much was being done to it.
I cycled by [in September 2020] and stopped to look. Nothing appears to have changed in the last eight months. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is hoping for change of use to residential - a thought as I have nothing to substantiate it.
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Top Bottom