Coffee machines...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
Hi guys,

Looking at getting a bean to cup coffee machine in the near future. Will probably go with what gets reviewed the best for the money i'm willing to spend (£300 ish) or of course if anyone has any recommendations...

As I prefer milky style of coffees am I better off going for a machine with a manual or automatic frother? I'd probably prefer an auto one but kind of thinking maybe I'd have more control with a manual. Just looking if anyone has any experience to help me make the best decision!

Cheers.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Most roads lead to De Longhi machines at that price point. But you could push the boat out a bit by googling Jura outlet which is where they sell through their ex-dem machines with full guarantee at good prices. Many machines will allow you to programme your personal coffee preference, and it's worth getting one with a milk dispenser as that's important to you.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Most roads lead to De Longhi machines at that price point. But you could push the boat out a bit by googling Jura outlet which is where they sell through their ex-dem machines with full guarantee at good prices. Many machines will allow you to programme your personal coffee preference, and it's worth getting one with a milk dispenser as that's important to you.
Thanks for that. To be honest, the favourite on the shortlist is a Delonghi machine but don't really have much of a clue about them in all honesty, but I do know I appreciate a proper coffee!
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/house...coffee-machine-silver-black-10152771-pdt.html
I'll checo out the Jura outlet though for sure.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Believe it or not that's a very modest budget looking into these things. They go well into the thousands and the commercial ones are rediculously expensive.
Our Siemens (made by Jura in those days) is now 12 years old, going strong, and has made thousand upon thousand coffees. Happy Donkey Java Sumatra beans at £3.50/250g ex delivery and job is very much jobbed at under 20p per cup.

I know I/we could probably get a slightly better coffee from "separates", but it's very close in quality and totally hassle free from a B2C machine. I think that you would get great service out of the machine you linked btw.

ETA
Not much in the Jura outlet at the moment - just looked!

Go on, I'll bite before someone else does. Decent Hario grinder (skerton or similar), stovetop by Bialetti, a frother from Hario if you must and a sh*tload of money left over for coffee beans. You'll get much nicer coffee, and will be set up for life with lo-fi gear to last.
Those Italian stovetops are legendary and hard to beat with black label Lavazza and the right cup.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Go on, I'll bite before someone else does. Decent Hario grinder (skerton or similar), stovetop by Bialetti, a frother from Hario if you must and a sh*tload of money left over for coffee beans. You'll get much nicer coffee, and will be set up for life with lo-fi gear to last.
Those Italian stovetops are legendary and hard to beat with black label Lavazza and the right cup.
Can't be beat imo but new users need to be aware that the handle on the smaller Bialetti models needs careful alignment on the stovetop to avoid meltdown.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog

This, and for variety use Hario filter papers and the funnel doobree. I don't even take instant on cycle tours anymore. Foldable dripper and paper and a grinder or fresh, ground coffee. Luxury has become a necessity. The coffee from Footprint in Wales is my choice for variety and quality.

Tim Hall

I have an Aeropress. If I were to go down the slippery, consistently ground, slope of grinding my own coffee, can someone explain the difference between the various Hario grinders? There's a Pro, a Plus and the plain one.

Top Bottom