Coffee shop security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex1982

So your out for a solo ride and you spot a cafe or coffee shop, how do you secure the bike?

Generally I park the bike outside unchained and get coffees for 3 or 4 riders and the others stay outside

If there aren't any seats outside we for a wall or bench and sit there

Wouldn't leave my bike outside if I was sitting in but then I usually only have a quick coffee break

Alex1982

When I have been caught out without enough food Ina long ride and the only option is a supermarket I take the front wheel off the bike and take it in with me. The bike isn't rideable and a casual thief won't bother with it because of the hassle of having to replace a wheel.

Wouldn't do that myself, frame is worth 2k or 3k depending on which I have.

Dangerous and it might not be a thief, just some hoodlum

When I have been caught out without enough food Ina long ride and the only option is a supermarket I take the front wheel off the bike and take it in with me. The bike isn't rideable and a casual thief won't bother with it because of the hassle of having to replace a wheel.
That's not your only option. Lots of supermarkets have a little corner inside the front door you can sneak your bike into, some don't mind you wheeling your bike down the aisles and I've more than once had a security guard watch it for me. In fact, I've never had to leave my bike unattended outside a supermarket.

Lots of supermarkets have a little corner inside the front door you can sneak your bike into,
I was reminded of this thread when I visited my local Tesco Express**, and saw this nice little Carrera tucked inside the front door.

rl (1).jpg

**OK, I'm not sure it's actually a Tesco express because they renovated it to make it bigger and they made it a little too big so after an inspection it's now only open 6 hours on a Sunday.

Top Bottom