Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fat Lars

This is a form I created to use to help in establishing the dose for making espresso. It's difficult to remember the various parameters as you are brewing. I found that there are various tools you can buy to help with the even distribution of the coffee in the portafilter as well. A tamping mat and a knock box also helpful.

Attachments

• 20220129_143307.jpg
    20220129_143307.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 14

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Maybe your youth, like mine, spanned an era when coffee as we know it was not common. Instead, we had some very non-PC coffee substitutes:
…perhaps the chicory that gave the distinctive smell.

Last edited:

Fat Lars

By mistake I poured the double cream into my espresso before I added water to make an Americano with cream. Worth a taste I thought and I tried it out. Absolutely delicious. It is Nectar from the Gods. Double espresso and cream is now on the menu.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
By mistake I poured the double cream into my espresso before I added water to make an Americano with cream. Worth a taste I thought and I tried it out. Absolutely delicious. It is Nectar from the Gods. Double espresso and cream is now on the menu.
Do not the keto brigade recommend coffee as a way to get your fats? Thought I read dosing your morning joe with a slab of butter, or a pint of cream? Sounds absolutely vile to me, but then I’ve yet to try it out. Must say I prefer my fats on toast.

Fat Lars

Do not the keto brigade recommend coffee as a way to get your fats? Thought I read dosing your morning joe with a slab of butter, or a pint of cream? Sounds absolutely vile to me, but then I’ve yet to try it out. Must say I prefer my fats on toast.
It's called bullet proof coffee. Its blended coffee with butter and/or Coconut oil. It seems to me to be a bit of a gimmick. Its supposed to satiate you until lunchtime without eating any breakfast. I like coffee too much to ruin it in ths way. Besides I don't eat breakfast and don't feel hungry until after midday. So not for me.

Fat Lars

If there are any home roasters around I would like to compare your recipes. After some good results and some disasters I've found what works for me and that is: -
6 minutes @ 200 degrees C
5.5 minutes @ 235 degrees C
4.5 minutes @ 220 degrees C and then cool down for around 4 minutes until 99 degrees C and then empty the beans into a large frying pan and spread them out to cool to room temperature. They are still cooking until that moment.
In the past I ignored the point at which they go shiny and then if you don't cool them straight away you could end up with burnt beans. I find that if I allow them for to roast for too long @ 235 degrees they may burn so that's why I ended up for 5.5 minutes instead of 6 minutes to have a safety margin.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My Sage machine is broken booo. 3 days out of warranty as well !! On the upside they appear to be honouring the initial warranty and repairing. Box been shipped by UPS for pick up !

Top Bottom