Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I’d replace the grinder with an IZPRESSO or other quality steel grinder and stick to brewing with what you know and like.
I fear machines as expensive mistakes and stick to my Bialetti and Aeropress.
I drink plain black americano style coffee so a decent grinder and an aeropress are perfect for me. But if the coffee drinkers in a household want fluffy milk, chocolate and syrup added, then a decent bean-to-cup machine might serve better. My daughter's b2c machine, a Neff, is good but it strikes me as being high maintenance. It always seems to find something that needs filling or emptying before it will agree to make a coffee for me.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I did quite a bit of research on bean to cup , grinders etc . Frequented coffee forums and in the end just bought a Sage bean to cup and forgot about all the bollocks about making a cup of coffee. We buy the same beans all the time and it makes a decent cup of coffee. Life’s to short to worry about all the other stuff.
Some people believe a good cup of coffee is a matter of life and death , I can assure you it’s far more important than that . :laugh:

OK I admit it, I stole that quote .

Cirrus

Veteran
I have one of theses which I use at least once a day, can't fault it...
1642429504800.png

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

No 1 Niece has returned from holiday in Costa Rica visiting family. My Present .
Not tried it yet . Mrs JK insists I finish some coffee I have already started before trying this one .

bitsandbobs

Über Member
My Delonghi plastic grinder has ground to a halt, RIP.
The family are trying to talk me into joining the dark side & moving onto a bean to cup machine.
Will my mokka pot & aeropress ever forgive me?
Any recomendations without remortgaging the house?

If you're happy with moka pot and aeropress, would it make more sense to get a new grinder?

1zpresso were mentioned above and are great if you don't mind hand grinding.

Wilfa Aroma and Baratza Encore are two decent electric options which aren't too expensive.

Fat Lars

I've had a coffee bean roaster machine for about 6 months or so. I've been experimenting and found that the best time for making coffee is to wait for about 7 days after the roast to allow the beans to degass. They are not stored long enough to go much longer than 10 days or so therefore they'll never go stale. For the coffee aficionados on here do you make sure your cofee beans are fresh and are not stored for weeks or months.

newts

Veteran
Just been to our local Roasters & bought 250g beans roasted on 20 January, they've said 6 days after roasting & you're good to go. They roast 1kg bags to order, click & collect or by post☕.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just been to our local Roasters & bought 250g beans roasted on 20 January, they've said 6 days after roasting & you're good to go. They roast 1kg bags to order, click & collect or by post☕.
My new goto roaster (localish to you) is the Crediton Coffee Company. Their Monsoon Malabar is very-much floating my boat!

Fat Lars

My new goto roaster (localish to you) is the Crediton Coffee Company. Their Monsoon Malabar is very-much floating my boat!
Thats what I use. Great choice. very expensive though, unless your're getting a good deal. I pay £6.25 for 500 grams raw beans. I think the roasted cost £21 a kilo. Great

Top Bottom