Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran

Fat Lars

Oh! Am 260 miles away - but working on moving closer! Neither of us exactly locals then (though I went to school in Crediton) and still visit friends there....
I guess they do mail order. I'll get in touch and see what they do.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I went to Crankhouse coffee, about 15 minutes walk from home. https://www.crankhousecoffee.co.uk/
I'll update on the taste once I've finished the Exeter Roasters neighbourhood blend, (very nice had many bags of this the last couple of years).
https://execoffeeroasters.co.uk/col...ducts/neighbourhood-blend-summer-2019-edition
Mrs N has treated me to a Sage Barista, so being a little more adventurous with beans.
As a kid in the 60s and 70s, Princesshay used to smell of roasting coffee! Posh! Ahead of it's time, Exeter :-)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1643234187864.png

1643234062322.png

1643234131266.png

Braithwaites in Dundee - the entire street smells of freshly ground coffee.

Fab Foodie

Carwardines? There was chat about it on the Exeter Memories facebook page recently. County Stores in Taunton used have the same aroma as you walked up the High Street.
Indeed!
Am on the same fb group under another identity!

Fat Lars

They do! They have a new online shop :-)

How did you chance upon it from 200 Miles away?
I just received 6 x 500 grams of Monsoon Malabar coffee beans yesterday. I get them from Amazon and the supplier is Rave Coffee. I came across them by accident as the beans I normally used were out of stock. I tried them and stayed with them. During roasting the skin of the other beans I used to use is shedded and leaves behind a residue. The Monsoon Malabar beans leave behind hardly anything at all.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
FYI. I've a subscription with Coffee Direct. Very good priced imho. And a quite narrow, mostly standard range to choose from.
Blue Sumatra today. A fresh kilo. Oh yes. Dry. A delicious strong roast.
Made a mistake with a change to the order recently and ended up with a kg of Galapagos. Around five x my normal spend. Maybe my taste isn't refined enough, but I couldn't taste 5x flavour. Rare apparently, as in a small tonnage annually.

What about the ethics and sustainability of coffee? Or must I go to The Shouty Other Place for those views?

Fat Lars

James Hoffman had a vid on his youtube channel quite recently about resting coffee.
Yes I've seen it. I have learned a great deal from his videos. It would seem that 1 week / 2 weeks, is the optimum time for best taste. But the freshness and taste diminish slowly after that. I you keep the beans in an airtight or vacuum container than that helps to keep them fresh.

Fab Foodie

I just received 6 x 500 grams of Monsoon Malabar coffee beans yesterday. I get them from Amazon and the supplier is Rave Coffee. I came across them by accident as the beans I normally used were out of stock. I tried them and stayed with them. During roasting the skin of the other beans I used to use is shedded and leaves behind a residue. The Monsoon Malabar beans leave behind hardly anything at all.
I'm having a go at this, not sure it will replace MM in my affections....
20220127_121638.jpg

Top Bottom