Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to make coffee a lot - using ground coffee and all that
I have several methods of doing it

It still smells wonderful - but I'm not that fond of the taste any more

I have also had a lot of bad coffee on the high street
I had one at a posh restaurant in Llandudno a few weeks ago that was great - reminded me that it can be done but a lot don't bother

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Compared to the grey, bitter liquid that all office coffee machines had thirty years ago after simmering for hours, today's coffee is a vast improvement, but you really have to make it yourself.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I used to make coffee a lot - using ground coffee and all that
I have several methods of doing it

It still smells wonderful - but I'm not that fond of the taste any
I have also had a lot of bad coffee on the high street
I had one at a posh restaurant in Llandudno a few weeks ago that was great - reminded me that it can be done but a lot don't bother
I was in Llandudno a few weeks ago as well.

I was in Llandudno a few weeks ago as well.
Did one of those damn gulls knick your ice cream or pie

I used to live there and they got mine - and tried several times more

I did nearly heave a half brick at the one who tried to half inch my pie - then realised there were several children in the 'friendly fire' zone
and it isn't a good look for a teacher at a localish school to be seen lobbing bricks at kids - political correctness gone mad and all that

still bar stewards the lot of them!!!!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Yesterday I took delivery of my first proper coffee machine. Told myself it will be a maximum once a day treat… had 3 today thus far :whistle:

edit: the milk frother is pukka!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Biker man

I'd argue a pour over like a V60 will give you a better brew, but they are a bit more effort.

I use a mix of methods, Mokka pot/Aeropress/Chemex at home mostly an Aeropress at work.
I have been around North America quite a bit it's better tasting coffee there than here in the UK but it's nowhere near as it was years ago.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I'd argue a pour over like a V60 will give you a better brew, but they are a bit more effort.

I use a mix of methods, Mokka pot/Aeropress/Chemex at home mostly an Aeropress at work.
I’ll bow to your greater experience. I also use a cafetière. I wont risk buying more coffee brewing equipment ,Mrs JK will not be happy.

Alex321

Veteran
I have been around North America quite a bit it's better tasting coffee there than here in the UK but it's nowhere near as it was years ago.
Well my experience mirrors the others who have posted here. It is mucheasier to get good coffee now than it was years ago. You certainly still get some lousy stuff, but there is far more decent stuff around.

Even the better instantcoffes around now (such as Menco Millicano) are better than what many old style cafes would serve up

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I remember when I was a boy my Mom made a cup of coffee the taste and smell was fantastic never get that now, I think it was Maxwell House .

Top Bottom