Coin your own saying, cliche, or truism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Red sky at night, shed is on fire.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
An old colleague of mine used to have a frequent saying when he was out on the pull which I think was his own invention;
"Faint heart never f*cked fat tart".

He was from one of them rough, grim Northern places... Ilkeston if I remember rightly.

T4tomo

Guru
One I use on managers who can't be arsed to think and/or make a decision "What would you do if it were your chip shop?"

T4tomo

Guru
One of my Dad's if I was (as a youngster) struggling with something physical - "stand aside, you cant beat weight for shifting weight"

gbb

Legendary Member
'I'm a busy man, I havnt got time '

I use this occasionally when I'm sitting in the canteen and someone approaches me.

The usual reply is....
'Yer right :smile: '

Once, when talking with my flatmate (who also happened to be my colleague) about a particularly grim bike ride I'd had, I described fighting the headwind as a real "head down, arse up" kind of effort.

When he was temporarily put in charge while our manager was off, he saw fit to use my description to motivate the rest of the team.
Devoid of the context of cycling into a headwind, to an audience of predominantly women not-cyclists, it got the kind of reaction you might expect.

Top Bottom