Coincidences.....what are your strangest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone I know was on a lengthy bus trip across the UK, and got into conversation with the stranger sat next to them. The stranger was on a short visit from Australia, and it turns out he lived next door to the persons mother in Australia, and had photos of his mother and family with him.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Two weeks ago my family drove 550km towards the Ukrainian border for a 3 day break at a very ‘special’ Hotel. As we were unloading our luggage from the car we bumped into our next door neighbour - we had no idea he was going there .... all that way to meet someone who lives 50m away :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister just rang for a quick chat. She asked what I was doing and I said I was on a break and was reading about strange coincidences. She told me a great one...

She went on holiday to Greece and after a few days got chatting to an English couple on the beach in front of the hotel.

One year later, back in the UK... She had a second job, working some evenings in an off licence in Coventry. While she was there one night an armed man threatened the staff and stole the contents of the till. The police asked if she would go over to the central police station in Birmingham to look at some 'mugshots' to see if she could identify the robber. She was walking towards the reception desk when she heard a male voice from behind her... "I'd recognise that hair*** anywhere - beach, Greece, last summer!" :wacko:

*** At that time my sister's hair was VERY distinctive - it was dyed blonde, and was so long she could sit on it!

D

Deleted member 26715

My sister just rang for a quick chat. She asked what I was doing and I said I was on a break and was reading about strange coincidences. She told me a great one...

She went on holiday to Greece and after a few days got chatting to an English couple on the beach in front of the hotel.

One year later, back in the UK... She had a second job, working some evenings in an off licence in Coventry. While she was there one night an armed man threatened the staff and stole the contents of the till. The police asked if she would go over to the central police station in Birmingham to look at some 'mugshots' to see if she could identify the robber. She was walking towards the reception desk when she heard a male voice from behind her... "I'd recognise that hair*** anywhere - beach, Greece, last summer!" :wacko:

*** At that time my sister's hair was VERY distinctive - it was dyed blonde, and was so long she could sit on it!
There was me thinking she was going to open the mugshot book & see the English couple

D

Deleted member 26715

Isn't that a coincidence

I was driving with my family from Stranraer to Portsmouth and pulled into the services on the M40. After I turned the car off I looked to my right and noticed that in the car in the next space was my sister and her family who were en route from Holyhead to Windsor.

About 10 years ago I was in a LVRC crit race and a new boy had turned up. The guy could not ride in a straight line and bumped into a few people in the tight packed peleton. He got quite a bit of grief of a fe wpeople and wss basically told to sod off. He slunk to the back and stayed there. We never saw him again.
Last weekend me and my partner went for a tandem ride and went to a cafe. A lone cyclist was at a table and smiled at us turning up and we ended up chatting. He was a keen time trialist and I asked if he did any other racing. He answered no, tried a LVRC race 10 years ago but got a pile of abuse from a load of angry old men who claimed he could not cycle in a straight line so never tried bunch racing ever again. I did not tell him I was also in that race and afterwards told my missus, indeed the guy could not ride in a staight line at all and was far safer on his todd.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
About 10 years ago I was in a LVRC crit race and a new boy had turned up. The guy could not ride in a straight line and bumped into a few people in the tight packed peleton. He got quite a bit of grief of a fe wpeople and wss basically told to sod off. He slunk to the back and stayed there. We never saw him again.
Last weekend me and my partner went for a tandem ride and went to a cafe. A lone cyclist was at a table and smiled at us turning up and we ended up chatting. He was a keen time trialist and I asked if he did any other racing. He answered no, tried a LVRC race 10 years ago but got a pile of abuse from a load of angry old men who claimed he could not cycle in a straight line so never tried bunch racing ever again. I did not tell him I was also in that race and afterwards told my missus, indeed the guy could not ride in a staight line at all and was far safer on his todd.
I was on one of my Spanish cycling holidays with a mate. We were out in a big group and he rode alongside me and warned me to watch out for a particular older rider who was 'an accident waiting to happen' due to his erratic riding. Sure enough, he caused a big pile up later on by clattering into a couple of other riders! :eek:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Friend sent a YouTube link to a bit of jazz guitar he'd come across, then a minute or two later messaged again to say that he'd been browsing the comments which is something he very rarely does, and came across one from his uncle in Australia.

Top Bottom