Coincidences.....what are your strangest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One day, I was doing some painting and decorating, and I spilled some paint. Exactly a year later, I was doing some painting and decorating, in the same place, and I spilled some paint. :ohmy:

Sharky

Guru
One day, I was doing some painting and decorating, and I spilled some paint. Exactly a year later, I was doing some painting and decorating, in the same place, and I spilled some paint. :ohmy:
Did the insurance company pay out twice for a new carpet?

I'm sure you didn't claim, but when I worked for an insurance company, they told me of some very similar stories, where claimants had accidently spilt paint on their carpets. The company paid up on the first claim, but were aware when the second claim came through a few years later.

stephec

Legendary Member
A few years ago I joined a running club and found out that there was a couple in the club who got married on the same day as me, and they also have two kids called Adam and Amy, same names and similar ages as mine.

I'm sure you didn't claim, but when I worked for an insurance company, they told me of some very similar stories, where claimants had accidently spilt paint on their carpets. The company paid up on the first claim, but were aware when the second claim came through a few years later.
That doesn’t surprise me:laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

I met my wife in 1977, after going out with her for a while she eventually got to meet my family as part of the conversation her surname was mentioned, that's an unusual surname says my dad, any relation to Lily (surname) yes says my wife that's my auntie, my dad & her aunt had worked together for 10 years.

My daughter met a lad at work, moved in together & are now married, my wife's cousins daughter (bear with me) also met a guy & married him turns out my daughters husband & wife's cousins daughter's husband went to school together. Maybe not so strange ages ago when nobody moved outside the village, but we live 20 miles away from where they went to school

Last edited by a moderator:

Globalti

Legendary Member
My Sis and BIL from Wiltshire were in a cafe in Hawes when my Sis heard a distinctive laugh, looked aroud and there was our cousin from Norwich who was on a cycling holiday with some mates. When I was a kid we went on family Dormobile holidays in France and Spain and on two occasions we gave lifts to hitch-hikers only to bump into them again in cities a few days later. No great surprise really for tourists.

Adam4868

Guru
I bumped into a lad I knew from Blackpool in Ruili in China years ago(probally 20):blush:,I spent a year or so there and met him in a bar there,it's a smallish place near the border with Burma.I only went on the of chance of crossing the border to Burma.
I also met my now partner there but that another story....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I had a chat with the MD of a company I worked at a while back. He was checking some printouts while we talked and 'tutting' every now and then. I asked what was bothering him. Turned out that he had spotted that employee 'x' had coincidentally been 'ill' on the first Friday and following Monday every month for over a year. Nothing whatsoever to do with unofficial 4-day weekends... :whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Only a couple of days ago we were sat around the kitchen table talking about tents. When I logged onto Facebook later I was offered adverts about tents.
Old post i know... but that's no coincidence. apparently FaceBook uses your phone's microphone to listen to conversations and delivers targeted adds based on the keywords it's heard.... the snooping barstewards!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Sitting pool-side on a campsite on the west coast of France in mid June. Bloke sitting next to me said "It's Jim, isn't it?"

It was someone I used to meet sometimes on my commute home by bike.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had an odd one last night.
I'd spent the last part of the evening surfing YouTube on my tablet whilst wearing ear buds.
MrsD went to empty the dishwasher at about 11.30pm and then got ready for bed.
MrsD is always singing something as she mills about the bungalow.
At about 11.40pm I was in the bathroom and I caught a snippet of a song that MrsD was singing as she was getting into bed.
I asked her what the song was.
She said it was Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B by the Andrews Sisters - a famous wartime American song from 1941.
A bit obscure for this day and age, I know.
I asked why she was singing it.
She said that it had just popped into her head.

Now, the last video I watched last night was a music reaction video of a young American girl listening to ..........Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B by the Andrews Sisters!

There is no way MrsD could have known that I'd watched that video, as she was out of the room and I'd got ear buds in so she couldn't have heard it either.
She thought I was making it up, until I showed her my YouTube history for that evening.

What are the chances of that?
Spooky, eh? :eek:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had an odd one last night.
I'd spent the last part of the evening surfing YouTube on my tablet whilst wearing ear buds.
MrsD went to empty the dishwasher at about 11.30pm and then got ready for bed.
MrsD is always singing something as she mills about the bungalow.
At about 11.40pm I was in the bathroom and I caught a snippet of a song that MrsD was singing as she was getting into bed.
I asked her what the song was.
She said it was Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B by the Andrews Sisters - a famous wartime American song from 1941.
A bit obscure for this day and age, I know.
I asked why she was singing it.
She said that it had just popped into her head.

Now, the last video I watched last night was a music reaction video of a young American girl listening to ..........Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B by the Andrews Sisters!

There is no way MrsD could have known that I'd watched that video, as she was out of the room and I'd got ear buds in so she couldn't have heard it either.
She thought I was making it up, until I showed her my YouTube history for that evening.

What are the chances of that?
Spooky, eh? :eek:
That is pretty strange. You both have excellent taste BTW. Love that track!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Different months, but my birthday is on the 9th, so too is one our daughters and her partner.
Other daughter birthday is 7th Nov and her step son is on the same day.
We were married on 31st May 1975 at 4pm - our son was born on the 31st May 1988 at 4pm
Three cousins were all born on the 7th Jan
My sister was born on our father's birthday. My friend gave birth to her daughter on her birthday.

Top Bottom