Coincidences.....what are your strangest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
how strange is that , you , the thief and the copper all called Dave7
Well......close

screenman

Legendary Member
70+ years ago my mother he a daughter who only lived a few weeks, she was christened Pamela Ann, 30 years later I married a Pamela Ann.

1.30am on the Swansea Cork crossing U could not get to sleep in the cabin so went down to the cafe and joined the queue, a few seconds later I hear a distinctive voice I recognised as my SIL, she was shocked to see me, I was shocked to see her, her boyfriend did not know what to say, she was still married to my brother at the time who did not know she was having an affair.

When I was in the Army in Germany one of my mates signed off and decided to motorcycle around Europe on his old Motto Guzzi which was always breaking down. Fast forward 2 years later I was coming off excercise on salsbury plain at 06:00 in the morning, we stopped at a bakery that was open. A long haired biker walked up the road and you can guess who it was. He had just returned to the UK and his broken down bike was a mile down the road.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
D1 was learning about probability, which I tried to demonstrate by rolling a die.

I kid you not, I rolled 8 consecutive sixes!

I checked the die the next day and it behaved normally!
The odds of doing that are 1,679,616 to 1.

By a strange coincidence ... I once rolled double sixes 4 times on the trot in a game of backgammon, also 1,679,616 to 1! :wacko:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Talked at work on Monday about oven glass doors breaking by accident , guess what just broke on me !!!!!!

Levo-Lon

Guru
Bumping into my mate in Amsterdam.
He lived in Holland and had just popped into town for an hr.
I was on a 2 day break with my wife.

Even more interesting was the fact that 1000's had gathered in Dam Square for a Dutch style mass eviction.
And we were wandering through the crowd.

I met an old school friend in Oslo in the mid '90s who was on a day's business trip from London. He had plenty of time before flying back and he asked if I wanted to help him spend his expensives for the day.

Fast forward to 2006, I was flying from Amsterdam to Stockolm and just sittting around the bar when a figure carrying two beers sat down at my table and asked if I could help him to spend his company's money. It was the same friend!

Went with my ex to see some relations who I'd not seen for years. They got the photo album out and we were flicking through. Got to a photo of their wedding where I was their bridesmaid (about 6 years old). We did a double take and both exclaimed, ''thats Tony!" - my ex's uncle was in the pic. Turns out he was their best man.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Went with my ex to see some relations who I'd not seen for years. They got the photo album out and we were flicking through. Got to a photo of their wedding where I was their bridesmaid (about 6 years old). We did a double take and both exclaimed, ''thats Tony!" - my ex's uncle was in the pic. Turns out he was their best man.

Happens a lot in the Fens:laugh:

Top Bottom