Coincidences.....what are your strangest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not me:
Peter: "I went to Wimbledon in the summer"
Complete Stranger: "Wow that's a coincidence so did I"
P: "I've got some photos if you want to see"
CS: "So have I, let's swap"
P: Wow, that's me sat opposite you on your photos!"
CS: "And wow that's me sat opposite you on your photos!"

Brains

Legendary Member
Posted this in another thread some time ago.
We got robbed and the thief was nicked with our stuff.
Turned out that me, the thief and the arresting officer had exactly the same christian and surnames.

I'll bet some lawyer has the court docket in a frame on a wall somewhere .....

Brains

Legendary Member
Co-incidence of the week.
I was checking into a hotel in Seoul/Korea on Tuesday.
In walks a guy I know from Oslo/Norway.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I went backpacking to Australia, flew into Melbourne and then got a bus to a fruit picking town called Mildura. The next day I walked into the common room and saw my old school friend who lived half a mile from my house.

We were on holiday on Tenerife and a mad French woman talked us into a timeshare presentation. Nicer side of the island, leave when we please and free taxi back. Just for the laugh we thought we'd go.
Presentations being what they are we got fed up, especially with all the nice sun outside, got our free taxi pass and left.
We walked to the beach and thought a nice glass of falling over water was appropriate. After a bit of a wander we stopped at a bar and admired the view with a couple of glasses in front of us. We got talking to the couple at the next table - who it turned out lived two streets from us in Penistone.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
A couple of months ago my wife and I were talking about a friend in Germany saying that we hadn't heard from her for a while. A couple of minutes later she rang.

Back in about 1975, a school friend whom I shall call ,'MH', moved away and that was the last I saw of him.

2017 - At work, we get an enquiry from an 'MH Associates'. I spoke with the secretary and mentioned that many moons ago, I had a friend of the same name. Her boss (MH) was on holiday in Hong Kong at the time.

A day later, I get an email from MH...yep, was him, so nice to get back in touch after 42 years!!.

classic33

Leg End Member
Talked at work on Monday about oven glass doors breaking by accident , guess what just broke on me !!!!!!
You've a door on you?

byegad

Legendary Member
As a kid in the 1950s and 60s we holidayed all over the UK, we lived in the North East of England and were among the first few in our street who owned a car.

On one holiday, in Cornwall a guy walked up to my Dad in St Ives and said to my Dad. Hello! Fancy meeting you here. He worked in the same steel works as my dad, in fact in the office next door to him.
The very next year in South Wales, it happened again, this time the guy was in Dad's gang. (He was a foreman engineer.)

Two years after that in Norfolk we turned up, pitched out tent and the guy in the next tent brought a bottle of beer over and said. 'Hi! Fancy meeting you here'. He was only my Dad's charge-hand.

Dad was a personality, fiercely loved by those he worked with and well known by everyone all over the works*. It was almost impossible to go anywhere in the UK, in the fortnight's holiday, where somebody didn't walk up, shake his hand and said; 'Fancy meeting you here!'

* On a tour of his works in my early teens he proudly showed my younger sister and I some graffiti on a huge machine in the works. It said:-

'Harry Dabbs is a Bastard!' Underneath in only slightly smaller letters was:-

'Yes, but a fair one!'

His best advice to me was this.

'Never back a man into a corner where he has no alternative. If you do he has no choice but to fight. Always give him an alternative, no matter how difficult for him to take.'

This advice has proved invaluable in my life.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
This is uncanny.
Walked into the village today and my missus said that she fancied some Proper Job and a bag of scratchings.
Don't be silly, I said, what chance is there of both of those being available in deepest, darkest, North Devon?
Well.......guess what?!:eek:

20180202_135904.jpg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
on the tube one day reading a book and a date was mentioned in the book, the exact same date (month and day) i managed to get to that page on the said day! spooky

I once heard a story about Anthony Hopkins and an odd co-incidence. Apparently, he was sat in a tube station in Londinium on his way to an audition when he found a book on the floor. It not only was a copy of the play he was auditioning for, but on mentioning it to the director, it was his copy that he lost that day on the tube:ohmy:!!.

A search for KLM on Googly results, for me, not only the airline but an auto-body shop. The body shop in question is about 5 mins around the corner from me.....Probably cookies involved, but to have a 'KLM' so close!.

Top Bottom