Cold Bum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I was trying to think of a more subtle title that still explained it, but cold bum seemed best!
I wear DHB Roubaix bib longs at this time of year, and have no issues if I'm pushing along at a nice pace. My issue is that when I go on a slower ride, my backside gets cold and the muscles start to cramp. Pushing the pace up clears the problem, but that's no help when on a slower moving group ride.
Anybody else have a similar issue? Any suggestions?
Ta

vickster

Legendary Member
wear something else over the top...ok baggy shorts over longs look gash but might be the answer here, or another pair of tights like winter cruisers or bikesters

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You cycling backwards perchance? ;)

backwards-cycling1.jpg

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Rub some deep heat into your cheeks...

And no, I'm not offering.
Neither is my missus, thankfully.

oldroadman

Veteran
I wear bib tights with out a chamios over my regular cycling shorts when it is cold out. When its really cold I add a pair of wind blocking trousers.
And a Canadian resident should know about cold! Seriously, make sure the lower back is well covered as well, to stop heat loss there, which may well contribute to chills. The symptom may be related to heat loss elsewhere (as noted), and glutes are a big mass of muscle which can cool quite fast. Cover up, plenty of layers.

Top Bottom