Cold ent it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jassy-x

...a couple of inches of snow + ice = the car today ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Don't envy you lot in the snow and ice, I had my fill of that in January and February this year when I was in China, where I am now it will not happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mds101

Freezing in Nottm. but the snow isn't too bad. It seems though that journey takes much longer in the cold, roads I've lost about 20% on my average speed and I'm struggling up even the smallest of hills....is this normal or have I suddenly lost a lot of fitness. Mind, the wind don't help.

Keith Oates

Janner
The cold, the extra clothing, the wind, all contribute to making you go slower. Don't worry about it as we all suffer from this in varying degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkkaz

Veteran
Hmm snow is forecast for London today, but if it follows the usual pattern it will be melted by city heat by the time I have to cycle home.

I remembered my gloves this morning but had to take them off half-way as my hands were boiling. Then by the time I got to work they were freezing again. Why is there no happy medium!

PrettyboyTim

Well, even with my glove liners I still got very cold fingers on the way in today. Not as bad as yesterday which considering it was a few degrees colder was a good thing. Still, it'd be nice to find solution.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I get cold fingers too these days. Years ago, I used to have some mittens that I got from Freewheel (anyone remember them? - mail order people; they had a shop too in London somewhere). They were brilliant - your fingers somehow keep each other warm inside. And with Ergos or STIs, who needs fingers?

But mittens have gone right out of fashion - you just can't get 'em.

Or so I thought. I ordered some Buffalo kit on Sunday, including a pair of Double P mittens.

PrettyboyTim said:
Well, even with my glove liners I still got very cold fingers on the way in today. Not as bad as yesterday which considering it was a few degrees colder was a good thing. Still, it'd be nice to find solution.

You could learn to cycle 'no-handed' and stick your hand in your pockets....

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
For a long time I've lusted after some studded Nokians but just haven't had the courage (well, the money as well!) to pull the trigger. About $70-$80 a tyre over here. Would love to have some though so I can go mtbing in the snow -still can't bring myself round to commuting on snowy or icy roads though.

Maz said:
Studded tyres? I didn't know such things existed, tbh.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
magnatom said:
You could learn to cycle 'no-handed' and stick your hand in your pockets....

Except if you crash, you're going to eat tarmac. I reckon your arms are really important in avoiding a head-tarmac interface. Of course you'll be fine, your helmet will protect you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
BentMikey said:
Except if you crash, you're going to eat tarmac. I reckon your arms are really important in avoiding a head-tarmac interface. Of course you'll be fine, your helmet will protect you.

And you won't break your collar bone as you won't be sticking your hands out...everyone's a winner !!! :biggrin:

Might have to try it..oops - I can't do non handed.....:evil:

Top Bottom