Cold ent it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Bollocks - just noticed that the bar-end is missing from my right-hand drop. Must have knocked it out when I came off this morning. :eek:

Ach well - I was planning on some new bar tape soon anyway, as there's a tear in mine that's getting bigger. I'll get a pack that comes with bar-ends, or I might treat myself to some flashing ones for Christmas !

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Did you know that missing bar-end plugs is enough to stop a trainee from taking a cycling lesson? Most instructors carry a supply. Rightly so, apparently a crash can result in serious injury with the handlebar penetrating the rider.

Downward

Guru
Not biked at all this week - Drove in late this morning and half way up the hill the Snow was visible and had settled.

It was slippy walking so I imagine riding would have been interesting.

papercorn2000

Haven't ridden in this week as
a- back roads are a death trap and I'd end up walking half the way in and
b- front brake is gubbed 'til I get new pads.

Tetedelacourse

You know Christmas is approaching when Goo begins to hit the deck :eek:

(the scene is now beautifully set for me to do likewise of course!)

peanut

its not my hands or feet that got cold Sunday it was my neck that suffered most.

Luckily I was wearing a bobblehat which I could pull down over my ears. Might try get a neck tube? better not wear a balaclava or I'll be !taken out' by a Police armed response team.:eek:

goo_mason

fossyant said:
Cinelli Plugs are nice - FOC with Cork Tape.... the best stuff IMHO !!!

Ordered myself some (along with the accompanying Cork Gel tape !).

Freezing in the flat tonight - I think my choice of the bus tomorrow is looking like it'll be the wise decision.

goo_mason

Tetedelacourse said:
You know Christmas is approaching when Goo begins to hit the deck :cursing:

(the scene is now beautifully set for me to do likewise of course!)

:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

At least this year it was only the once during the one commute, and I made it home in 1 piece. Last year, the bike had to be taken away from work in the back of a car as it was too damaged to ride home safely !

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
peanut said:
its not my hands or feet that got cold Sunday it was my neck that suffered most.

Luckily I was wearing a bobblehat which I could pull down over my ears. Might try get a neck tube? better not wear a balaclava or I'll be !taken out' by a Police armed response team.:cursing:

You need a buff! There's quite a good video on their site showing you different ways to use it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I went to see a performance of the Little Caterpillar this week staring my son as the sausage, and his mate. I went to take a photograph of them but his mate was facing the wrong way... so I asked him to turn around... but the phrase I used: "Show me your plums!!!" Luckily he was too young to understand unlike the nearby parents.

Top Bottom