Cold Toes especially Big Toes

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just been out for around 1.5 hours average temperature 2.5degrees, my toes were cold especially my big toes, any suggestions, I'm still riding in shorts, would tights help, also I can see them getting soaked with the mud & puddles? My boots are not cycle specific just Hi-Tec walking boots which I'm happy with, my feet are fine it's just the toes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shorts.... :wacko:

Try some thicker socks, or sealskin/waterproof socks - they keep the cold out. I'm in waterproof Winter Cycling boots

Sharky

Guru
Always keep my knees covered.

Make sure you have wriggle room in the shoe so you can flex your toes.

What material are your shoes made of? If fabric, could be letting the cold wind thru.

I've used Tesco bags in the snow inside my shoe to keep my feet dry.

You could also try duck tape to cover over the front of the shoe.

vickster

Legendary Member
I use toe covers over my cycling trainers now it's under 10deg, some rather tatty underneath looking Mavic ones that I've had for a number of years and used to use over SPDs. Keep the wet off too :okay:

Along with 2 pairs of socks. Tbh I'm not planning on going out this week if it's under 5deg (and then that's me done with outside cycling I expect until March)

just the toes
I have like no circulation in my feet, especially the toes. so I tape checmical hand warmers to the top of my socks over the toes. for short trips I use toe warmers. went out this weekend & used the heavy duty winter boots, sock liners, thick work socks, & hand warmers. out for several hours in freezing slush, feet were 100% fine. I've also experimented with placing the warmers between liner & over sock

toe warmers have adhesive backing
toe warmers.jpg

hand warmers.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mudgaurds keep a lot of spray off your feet unless you ride through deep puddles and i know one chap at work who wears overshoes over normal shoes .

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Guessing you're not concerned about the health of your knees using shorts in such cold weather? :ohmy:
Just don't like my lower legs covered, I warm up too quickly, they also get sopping wet which then make me cold, I alsofind skin easier to wash.
Just ordered some from the Outlet on their shop - £12 reduced from £35! I hope they keep my feet warm!
Link please
Mudgaurds keep a lot of spray off your feet unless you ride through deep puddles and i know one chap at work who wears overshoes over normal shoes .
Mudguards fitted front & rear, still get covered, here's the bike & jacket from today

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just don't like my lower legs covered, I warm up too quickly, they also get sopping wet which then make me cold, I alsofind skin easier to wash.
Link please
Mudguards fitted front & rear, still get covered, here's the bike & jacket from today

View attachment 562161

View attachment 562160
im sorry thats not really a proper gaurd though i meant longer ones that wrap more around the wheel especially the front one as a lot of spray comes off the front wheel onto your feet and yours isnt close enough to be worth having on .
I know you can get better fttings one, when i had a mtn style bike i had
1607362177710.png

Top Bottom