Colleague Nicknames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Rod the Splod. Back when a certain Rod Stuart was popular, he had a very vague resemblance so he had his hair done like the real one and was Scottish.
Flash, a keen racing cyclist, she could take 10 minutes to get up and answer the phone and spoke at one word per minute when she had!
God, our not so esteemed leader who hid in his office. God because he made the same number of personal appearances.
The Arch Angels, his two deputies, always arriving in the staff room with messages from God, see above.
Big C, the man who actually ran the show, named Cyril.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bungalow - "Nothing up top" is one of the most descriptive ones for a guy at our place!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

OK none of the OP were my own ones, just passed on. Some from my past:

Spanish Pig: her name was L. Hogg
Brent: A team leader who was scarily like the Gervais character - he even played guitar once when someone brought theirs in so they could drop it into repair shop at lunchtime.
Bronson: a wee old janny that looked like Charles Bronson (as opposed to Mr).
Limpy: An IT bloke who had one leg shorter than the other.
Crow: A girl who had similar intellect to the scarecrow in Wizard of Oz. You could even get her to whistle "If I only had a brain" if you started it near her, as she'd always join in.
Cuddles: a total freak who had similar mouth to cuddles the monkey.
Stinky: last name Pinkerton.
Syndrome: last name Downie
Nana: a girl who had a very large moon-shaped face, identified at the time that Nana Moon appeared in Eastenders.

A mate of mine went to school with a boy called Tony Cartwright.
Unfortunately this lad had/has a serious leg disability, which led to him being called Tony Can't Walk Right!

A mate of mine was both chubby and goofy and was (and still is) called Gubby.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
One of the firemen I worked with in Saudi was small and rotund - 'Egg on legs'.
A brother in law - Batteries not included - obvious reasons.
My dad - 'Charles Bronson' because he had a Death Wish - "Our Jack died at 70, our Billy died at 70 so I'm going at 70." He did!
A former neighbour (in the UK) '13 week Jim' - worked for 2 weeks and then 'sick' for 13 weeks.

Pete

We don't seem to have any really imaginative nicknames that I can think of. Of course, overbearing and autocratic managers will generally earn some sort of title dredged from the Third Reich or similar... I remember many years ago, one such whose initials were "DL" acquired the title "DL-zebub". Say it out loud and you'll get the drift.

I have heard that in certain quarters at my workplace I have earned the sobriquet "brillo-pad". But I take that to be a reference to my ever-more-greying hair, and think it rather flattering, actually: at least there's the inference that I still do have my own hair!...:smile:

Maz

Guru
On the same theme as my previous post, we had a fella known affectionately as Timber-tool. Yes, his real surname was Woodcock.

You can tell we were bored at work.

Smeggers

Boris - Our female lady secretary who looks like a Russian shotputter.

Bubbles:- nearly drowned when we had to go swimming.
Wofty:- Waste Of F******* Time. He never did work it out, thus illustrating why he was called Wofty.
A woman called the Viking, she thought it was because of her long blonde hair, really it was because she had a face like an'orse.
Postman Pratt:- Had a huge collection of old Post Office relics, but he could never get a job as a postman, although he tried for years.

rikki

Legendary Member
SAM = self appointed manager

A bloke came up to me at a counter once wearing work clothes embroided with his company name and logo and his nick name "Placebo"

I asked him why he had Placebo embroided on his shirt and he said "that's just what they call me"

With difficulty, I kept a straight face until he walked away. He obviously had no idea.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a mate we called Pid. He was actually called Stuart....... Stu.....Pid....... he didn't mind.

Another called fat barsteward because he had put a little weight on (not much) but it subsequently stuck even when he lost it again..........friends eh !

This is one I've said before......my nickname in the cycling club was 'marrigold' - had rather a lot to do with how clean my bikes were....doh...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
We had a boss once who was known due to the rationality of his decisions as Barking Bob. He found out about this and stupidly ordered that this was to cease. Thereafter he was known as Still.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I once worked with a guy called Steve Tingey who had something of a personal hygiene problem. Otherwise known as Steve Stinky.
My local CTC section has a guy with a huge white beard. Captain Birdseye.

Top Bottom