Collecting stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 2796494, member: 259"]... the MIDI controller ... [/quote]

I sold the rest of the "studio" (much to my mum's relief because she got her spare room back); Korg M1, Akai S3000, Alesis Midiverb, 8 channel desk, expensive tape recorder, etc. but couldn't part with the Atari. Still think I've got cubase on a "floppy" in the box. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
What sort of crap do you collect Marmion?

Panini football stickers.
And Shoot magazine league ladders.

I was just curious if others were as sad. Haha

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Panini football stickers.
And Shoot magazine league ladders.

I was just curious if others were as sad. Haha

As a kid I used to collect Smarties Tubes - You'd be surprised the amount of different designs they had at one point.... Still do in fact, even if it is the Hexatube now.

I started collecting them for tokens because of a free giveaway they were doing in 1990/91 (one of several over the years) and realised eventually that I had managed to collect more than I needed, so I kept them, and it escalated from there. I even made a point of collecting foreign versions when on holiday (which were almost always White).

I ended up with about 40 or 50, some duplicates of each other, some collected specially for competitions, a change in design, some, special pieces of 'Artwork' on them (yes they did several versions and I never did get all of them), and so on, but the most prized ones were the individual examples such as the extended 'Fun box' from Southern Ireland that was about 6 inches long.

Anyway, after years of my Mum threatening to throw them out, I eventually donated them to The Museum Of Brands in London, http://www.museumofbrands.com/ so hopefully they will become part of some sort of packaging national collection!

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Friend of mine collects postcards of Southend - his birthplace and home. He goes to special meets where collectors sort thru' boxes and boxes of old postcards, seeking out the particular brand they're after. And keeps his eye on ebay too. He's got hundreds. I think he's nuts. So does he. Personally I haven't collected anything since I was a kid. I have accumulated stuff like books and records, but that's not 'collecting' in the hobbyist sense. Having said that, I think 'er indores wouldn't be too upset if I unaccumulated quite a lot of stuff. :smile:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I am currently pondering whether to stick the stickers (there is a clue in the name I suppose Haha) into the albums or keep them in a file.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Ah ha - so that's where they all end up. You should bring them to the next mass-CC-meet-up and hand them round. :laugh:
Does anyone use them? I certainly don't! Last count I had something like fifteen, and it's a very boring collection too, mostly black with one or two green ones.

Venod

Eh up
I didn't intended to collect them, but we have quite a few old mobile phones about the house, do people collect old mobiles ? I don't like getting rid of them.

I didn't intended to collect them, but we have quite a few old mobile phones about the house, do people collect old mobiles ? I don't like getting rid of them.
You need to have a look a muzuma mobile (they are according to reviews the most honest and reliable) I sent 2 old Blackberrys to them and got £120!..... depends on how old and how popular the phones are/were

Top Bottom