Collecting stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
You need to have a look a muzuma mobile (they are according to reviews the most honest and reliable) I sent 2 old Blackberrys to them and got £120!..... depends on how old and how popular the phones are/were

I don't think the ones we have will be worth anything, I sold an old Blackberry on eBay, I was surprised how much it sold for.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't think the ones we have will be worth anything, I sold an old Blackberry on eBay, I was surprised how much it sold for.

Donate them to a museum like The Museum Of Brands and they will be saved for future posterity.

Arch

Married to Night Train
As a kid I used to collect Smarties Tubes - You'd be surprised the amount of different designs they had at one point.... Still do in fact, even if it is the Hexatube now.

When I was at sixth form, we had a sort of game in the biology lab. I can't remember how it started, but it involved 'hiding' Smartie tubes in clear sight. Like lying down along the top ledge of the blackboard, or standing up on a bookshelf, among the spines of books. This went on all autumn term, and then at Christmas we strung loads of tubes on string and hung them like garlands across the ceiling!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When I was at sixth form, we had a sort of game in the biology lab. I can't remember how it started, but it involved 'hiding' Smartie tubes in clear sight. Like lying down along the top ledge of the blackboard, or standing up on a bookshelf, among the spines of books. This went on all autumn term, and then at Christmas we strung loads of tubes on string and hung them like garlands across the ceiling!

I'd have taken them home afterwards because, although I collected them mainly as a kid, when I was older, I still knew my collection could be added too. I would have taken them in secret so as not to be laughed at though. :blush::laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Dust. Not me personally but my house in general. And spiders. As soon as I finnish dusting its back again. And spiders. No matter how many I get rid of (kill) there are more. Does that count. ?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
50p coins for the different designs on the back.
I do this! Completely forgot :unsure:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 2797472, member: 259"]40 years of a single mag would be really interesting, going through the years and seeing how things like the adverts and prices of things change over time[/quote]

I remember at College they had quite a few old photographic magazines from the late '60s/early '70s.

Seemingly, if you wanted to sell just about anything in those days, all you needed was a picture of a topless woman!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2797472, member: 259"]40 years of a single mag would be really interesting, going through the years and seeing how things like the adverts and prices of things change over time - although this might not be quite so apparent in that kind of mag. :whistle:

I still have a couple of NMEs from the seventies (not because I kept them on purpose, they went in moving boxes with books and stuff and have followed me around from place to place).[/quote]

It's great for LP reviews :becool:

Top Bottom