Collecting stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hardrock93

Guru
[QUOTE 2797472, member: 259"]40 years of a single mag would be really interesting, going through the years and seeing how things like the adverts and prices of things change over time)...[/quote]

Funny you should mention that. I started buying 'Bike' (the motorcycle magazine) in the early 70s. I have never thrown one out and only stopped getting it when I got back into cycling a couple of years ago. My wife has an irrational fear that someday this accidental and weighty collection will come crashing down on us from the attic. :rolleyes:

U

User169

@Delftse Post who is you avatar pic? I have fallen in luuurve with her/it/(you??)
:wub:

Shelley Conn!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Conn

Shes one of my famous Amazingstoker series of avatars.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Funny you should mention that. I started buying 'Bike' (the motorcycle magazine) in the early 70s. I have never thrown one out and only stopped getting it when I got back into cycling a couple of years ago. My wife has an irrational fear that someday this accidental and weighty collection will come crashing down on us from the attic. :rolleyes:

Irrational?!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16166722

asterix

Comrade Member
I have a collection of tools, etc from Britain's industrial past. They have to be well designed, made in Britain (obviously) and useful. Pre-war stuff is usually the best in terms of build quality. It wasn't a deliberate thing, it was a money-saving exercise at first then I realised what good value the stuff could be. My best item is a Tyzack workbench from the 1920s or 30s with a Record vice.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Tickets. I regret to have thrown away a lot of them from early matches and shows but some survived those days and I've collected tickets from everything I've seen since 1980. I've got football matches big and small, live acts, bands, comedians, plays, theatre performances, all sorts and the storage box has had to grow over the years and I'm now due a bigger one as we saw Sean Lock last week and those two tickets would be the final straw-type thing.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 2797411, member: 9609"]I used to collect Munros (full set now) and Corbets(half way), have now moved onto collecting roads cycled LINK, and I have started to collect birds photographed. Replaced my original Red Shank with this one this afternoon
RedShank_4774_zpsdec0e612.jpg
[/quote]

Great map you've got there, and I see you've been up a few dead ends (deliberately I assume!). Is it your own personal website, or can anyone create a map like that?

Top Bottom