Collecting stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Illnesses and medical conditions.
Not through choice though.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr dragon collects stuff not me. I am a place for everything and everything in it's place person. Mr dragon collects things you get from Christmas crackers from 20 years ago, old jumpers, old tools he never uses, things that are broken, but he keeps just in case because you never know when it might come in handy. Receipts for things we threw away years ago., you name it he collects (hoards it). Very annoying.

tyred

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2797472, member: 259"]40 years of a single mag would be really interesting, going through the years and seeing how things like the adverts and prices of things change over time - although this might not be quite so apparent in that kind of mag. :whistle:
[/quote]

The secondary school I went to had a complete collection of National Geographic Magazines 1960 - mid 1990s in the library. The old head of the English department who looked after the school library retired at that point and his replacement had the caretaker take all the mags out and burn them.:ohmy:

Learnincurve

I have a large collection of cast iron sewing machines, think it's about 8 or 9 now; two treadles, three electric and the others are hand crank with interesting decals. Yup they all work.

tyred

Legendary Member
Collector's Disease

I've bought books I have never read.
Collected LPs I have never listened to,
Bikes that I've never rode.
Spare parts I will never need,
Tools that I've never used.
Odds and ends that will be useful,
On the day after I've thrown them out.

Oh damn you car boot sales -
My cheque-book you empty, my garage you fill.
Ebay is my best friend
Providing a useful service.
It keeps the postman in work.
Allowing others to clear their attic,
Whilst I fill mine.
I'm sure it will all be useful -
One day on the twelfth of never.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I have a collection of SF and Fantasy books, just over 1000. I've read them all, too :smile:. I don't read them as much as I used to, spending a bit more time outdoors cycling, but the collection looks impressive, filling three 6' by 3' book cases.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Scale model Racing motorcycles from the Minichamps & Pauls Model Art brands.

They are nearly all WSB, BSB or Moto GP & old GP 500 championship race bikes.

Not the sort to lend to a 5 yr old boy for vroom, vroom play & toy Grand Canyon Evil Kneivel jumps though.

I have had to curtail my collecting due to rising prices & a Government enforced 4 year pay freeze followed by a 1% Kick in the Slats.

I think I am hovering at around the 45 > 50 model mark.

Top Bottom