Colnago Frame & wheels

What should I do with Colnago frame

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
This is another 'what do do with it' stories:
Build up with vintage components, modern components, single speed, or just sell on eBay as is?
I know which my dear wife would prefer!
Here are some more photos.

DSC_0016.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Its a lovely bike, I would build it up with modern campag kit and some deep section wheels personally.

My girlfriend wont be happy I am asking this, but.... (if you decide to sell up) size and price? (Forget the wheels, just the frame fork, headset). Does it have a cut-out in the BB shell?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Restore using vintage components (or modern, but with simple design/graphics etc). Personally, I think a beautiful frame like yours requires classic styling (italian of course) and I think a modern groupset may look a little strange.

It's a nice dilema to face!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Restore using vintage components (or modern, but with simple design/graphics etc). Personally, I think a beautiful frame like yours requires classic styling (italian of course) and I think a modern groupset may look a little strange.

It's a nice dilema to face!

http://www.colnago.com/master/

Other than the stem, it looks pretty pimp to me. Would look even better with some modern deep section carbon rims :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've seen pics of a few vintage frames with Campagnolo Athena (all components either silver-coloured or have a silver option) and they looked great.

OP
OP
cameramanjim

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
I've seen pics of a few vintage frames with Campagnolo Athena (all components either silver-coloured or have a silver option) and they looked great.

Veloce is also a nice silver option and cheaper of course.

I still have the Colnago's C-Record shifters as well as the 3T bars and stem - and the wheels in the photos are the originals - Nisi rims, Campag hubs (Record?). So it's always tempting to go fully retro.
But I recently built up a restored Rossin frame with modern components, and got stick for not keeping it retro. But bikes are for riding and there's room in the bike world for different approaches. The bike is great to ride if you prefer Sti shifters. There's some rambling stuff on my blog about the build. http://rossinproject.blogspot.com/
Basically I have a Condor Acciaio, the Rossin and now the Colnago, and I'm instructed that two of them have to go! (I also have a Ribble and a commuting bike, so it's a fair cop!)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I bunged a new Veloce groupset (finding all the components in silver was the difficult bit) on a 1970s 531c frame - looks great I rec.

I'll up dan bo's bid by a fiver if you flog though ;)

Top Bottom