Coloured tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Looking to change the tyres on my Triban 3 and Defy 1 road bikes. (700 x 23c)

Have narrowed it down to the Vittoria Rubino Pro's or the Scwalbe Lugano's but that is only on looks (available in red & blue) and feedback via wiggle etc :confused.com

Any +ve or -ve views (personal not hearsay) welcome on those two and others?
performance wise - i'm a sunday rider ( 30-50 miles) not a road racer, so puncture protection is more important than weight

Ta

MisterStan

Label Required
I'm running Luganos on my commuter - they run well and I find them plenty grippy enough, but I have had some 'issues' with visits from the P Fairy....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have been running Rubinho's (Blue) for many years.
They are awesome tyres for the price. Grippy and have good puncture resistance .

geo

Cant comment on either of those but can highly recommend continental grand prix 4000s, many thousands of happy miles and 1 pu*****e. Good rolling tyre too, personally I wouldnt buy anything else. But I'm sure others have just as good experience with their tyre choice.

OP
OP
K

Kies

I have been running Rubinho's (Blue) for many years.
They are awesome tyres for the price. Grippy and have good puncture resistance .

Ian - are you running the standard Rubino's or the pro version. also folded or beaded?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ian - are you running the standard Rubino's or the pro version. also folded or beaded?

Am running standard beaded at the moment, but have used the pro folding version.
To be honest, I don't think it's worth the extra money paying more unless your name is V for Vengence.

OP
OP
K

Kies

"unless your name is V for Vengence" or "battery man" as i like to call him!!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Another +1 on the Rubino Pro's... Fast rolling and greatly reduces the road buzz over my GP4000s I used to roll with.......plus they look really nice.

64413_452417184838551_1572365166_n.jpg

Top Bottom