Colt on my Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Take it for a long ride in the rain without mudguards - that'll shape it. I do sympathise though - I once had a Swift Titanium which never broke in despite neatsfoot oil. I gave it away in the end. The new owner is very happy so must have a butt of tungsten.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It took 18 months for my Brooks to be comfortable. I have changed it for a Charge Spoon. Much cheaper and great out of the box.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

It took 18 months for my Brooks to be comfortable. I have changed it for a Charge Spoon. Much cheaper and great out of the box.

I have a charge spoon on my road bike and its pretty good but not that comfy for me after 20 or so miles. I must have a wierd arse.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Melvil, Reading your posts I wonder why you are treating your purchase of a Brompton as a 'fashion' purchase? It is after all just a cycle...I also pity your poor balls sitting on that gods awful Brookes saddle....groan....

Each to their own, Bill ☺️. It is just a cycle but it's also nice to look at (B17 - see previous replies) as well. If I can paraphrase my guitar teacher "if a guitar looks good you'll pick it up, if it sounds good you'll play it and if it is not too heavy and has a good action you'll keep on playing it. So, same in a way with bikes and saddles. A bike you like the look of you are more likely to ride. Not everything has to be reduced to stats, cost etc.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a charge spoon on my road bike and its pretty good but not that comfy for me after 20 or so miles. I must have a wierd arse.

For multi day rides I use a Charge Pan. It even looks good on my road bike and is a lot more comfortable than the Spoon.

Brommyboy

Über Member
I have had to retire my extremely comfortable Colt saddle after the tensioning screw has reached the end of its travel. This has been sat on for at least 100,000 miles.
Colt Saddle.jpg

I found it far more comfortable on my touring cycle than the Brompton, as it suits a forward sitting position better. For my Brompton, the Team Professional saddle is far better.

Top Bottom