comfort food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cyclemagic is going through huge change and expansion at the moment and that means lots of sitting at my PC writing policies, proposals and presentations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I never thought way back at the beginning that we would be in the position we are now and I’m dead proud of what we've achieved:thumbsup:

It just means that I'm not in the workshop fixing stuff or riding a bike as much as I'd like too.

Sooo, I'm going to cook myself my favourite comfort food later - an embarrassingly large amount of mashed potato, baked beans and gravy:biggrin:

What's your comfort food?

longers

Legendary Member
Most food is comforting to me. Especially at this time of year :sad:.

Last nights tea is a good one though. Bacon and cheesy mash with beans.
I had bit of stilton in the fridge which worked very well as tasty depth charges in the mash, and put in the 15 cherry tomatoes who were getting close to self destruct. Plenty of mature cheddar on top and bake until it goes golden and chewy. Delicious.

Hilldodger said:
an embarrassingly large amount of mashed potato, baked beans and gravy:biggrin:
What's your comfort food?

Add sausage to that and that wouldn't be bad

my others a nice fry-up!

Saddle bum

Über Member
Tinned Ambrosia Organic Rice Pudding + Raisins and Sultanas + chopped banana + optional jam. Carbo packing before a ride.

TVC

Sooo, I'm going to cook myself my favourite comfort food later - an embarrassingly large amount of mashed potato, baked beans and gravy

Not quite my most favoritest ever, but stick some tommy ketchup in the spuds - Fish fingers, pink mash and beans, propper nursery grub, yum.

The best has to be beef stew and dumplings, especially when it's dark, cold and raininig outside.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
dominoes' pepperoni passion

mondobongo

Über Member
Oh yes Domino's Pepperoni Passion with extra cheese and garlic bread, my absolute favourite with an ice cold beer or coke.

longers

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Corned beef hash with baked beans Had it today for first time in about 15 yrs...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm1:tongue::tongue::tongue:

How do you do your corned beef hash? Mine's more like a hotpot and wouldn't suit beans.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
longers said:
How do you do your corned beef hash? Mine's more like a hotpot and wouldn't suit beans.
Peel and dice spuds. Boil for 10 mins so they're not hard, not soft (al dente as the Italian would say if they ate boiled spuds). Gently fry a wee bit of onion, add spuds, diced corned beef, a tin of beans and heat thru...if nec first take a bit of bean juice out, so it ain't too runny. Have some cabbage with it. Yumm

Top Bottom