Common Sense, & The Lack Of.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm not surprised, you just have to look around a typical high street to witness similarly mentally deficient individuals on a daily basis. I often wonder how some of these people manage to get out of the house each day without seriously injuring themselves!
The scariest part is that these same people are allowed behind the wheel of a car and we are sharing the roads with them...... :eek:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
£7k seems a bit light for scrambling a chopper, would have expected the real cost to be much more than that if you factor in crew training, hardware costs and standing costs, just for being ready to fly.

KneesUp

Guru
Twits who get themselves in trouble through idiocy should indeed be invoiced for the cost of the rescue.
And you don't think that will lead to more people dying because they don't want to call out the rescue team?

Hicky

Guru
The rise of a lack of common sense seems to be linear with the rise of H&S, I mean the type that appears to be for the sake of itself.
One H&S adviser the Uni has took on once advised a colleague that walking across a car park was dangerous and he should walk the perimeter....do one!

classic33

Leg End Member
And you don't think that will lead to more people dying because they don't want to call out the rescue team?
It's got to the stage where SAR groups and police will "get them out off trouble". Not taking the right equipment for conditions or even going out when most would stay has become more commonplace.

Drago

Legendary Member
The threat of a big bill doesn't seem to put people off calling an ambulance in the states, and no one has yet managed to substantiate the claims it would put people off of calling for help here.

What it might then do is give some people the motivation not to behave like plums.

gbb

Legendary Member
The rise of a lack of common sense seems to be linear with the rise of H&S, I mean the type that appears to be for the sake of itself.
One H&S adviser the Uni has took on once advised a colleague that walking across a car park was dangerous and he should walk the perimeter....do one!
Our our former H&S adviser who pulled me up for not having a high viz on in the yard. Fair enough, I slipped it on and then pointed out....
My jumper is black. My 'high viz' is black (designated engineers colour)
Yes but you got your high viz on now...was the reply.
Actually I have a reflective on. Its daylight and reflective if useless in daylight...so what's the point ,? I asked smiling cheekily.
You're obeying the rules she said.

Yeah right, no common sense, just rules.

alicat

Legendary Member
£7k seems a bit light for scrambling a chopper, would have expected the real cost to be much more than that if you factor in crew training, hardware costs and standing costs, just for being ready to fly.

£7k is 1k * the cost of the lilo, to make a point to the family how much their idiocy cost.

D

Deleted member 26715

£7k is 1k * the cost of the lilo, to make a point to the family how much their idiocy cost.
Yes but it would be interesting to know the actual figure although I suspect it would be difficult to actually get it together, as they are all volunteers you would also have to pull in data from every workplace they left.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The threat of a big bill doesn't seem to put people off calling an ambulance in the states, and no one has yet managed to substantiate the claims it would put people off of calling for help here.

What it might then do is give some people the motivation not to behave like plums.
Is that true? I was watching something the other day (I'll try to find it in a bit) where the woman being interviewed was saying she hadn't called for ambulances when she'd needed them because of the cost, I doubt she'd be unique in that.

Top Bottom