glenn forger
Guest
Exactly, a cyclist has a natural disincentive to collide with anything because it bloody well hurts and the consequences will be more serious than a scratched bumper.
Hang on, we don't know what happened yet.
Moreover, in ped-cyclist collisions, the cyclist is much more likely to come off worse. Which makes pedestrians dangerous to cyclists, not vice-versa.
Moreover, in ped-cyclist collisions, the cyclist is much more likely to come off worse. Which makes pedestrians dangerous to cyclists, not vice-versa.
I was about to post the same link about the cyclist and ask if anybody can explain how a woman of such obvious high intelligence can have allowed herself to get into such a dangerous situation despite all the warnings that have been published in recent months. I always though true intelligence was the ability to think in abstract terms about the consequences of one's actions.
As one who was nearly hit by a cyclist travelling at speed and not obeying the pedestrian crossing in lights which were in my favour I disagree that a bike is not an extraordinary danger to others. The person riding or driving the bikes / vehicles are the potential danger.
That is a terrible leap of assumption to make. No doubt you'd have made the same assumption about Catriona Patel, as others did when she was killed? It turns out that the driver in her collision, one Dennis Putz, was still drunk from the night before, was on his mobile phone, and overtook and turned left across her, at least from what I've read.
We have no idea what happened in this collision.
Banned from driving 16 (sixteen) times, and got a job driving a lorry in London. Inevitably killed a cyclist.
Oh yes, I forgot about that.