Commuting In The Snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This morning I was getting irritated with motorists who couldn't read the road conditions ... so even when they were driving on black tarmac they were still crawling along at 3mph (no I am not exaggerating - this one woman in a huge car was travelling at that speed inching along), and the road was just too narrow to safely pass her.

snorri

Legendary Member
Not looking too bad here, what have you got coming?
Wednesday :sun:, Thursday :sun:.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wednesday :sun:, Thursday :sun:.
  • Today

It will be a cold start with a patchy frost and risk of icy surfaces. Through the day it will continue generally cloudy with a few wintry flurries. Feeling cold in the easterly breeze.
  • Tonight

Mainly dry with broken cloud. A sharp frost will form with ice, and some freezing fog patches. A little light sleet or snow is possible. Cold with light winds.

headcoat

Über Member
I rode the snow on Monday, Tuesday was a car day, today was a bike day, although I stuck to main A roads, rather than my usual commute along the canal and country roads, these are still all iced over. They should get the little community service oiks to get out there gritting places like this and footpaths.

I rode with the youngest (13) to an after-school thing last night (6.30).

It was starting to snow on frozen and slushy roadmush and our little town's narrow and empty roads manage to fit quite a few climbs and descents into very little distance.

There he was behind me chatting away to himself. "Three metres of snow. The guy says you can't ride!"

"What's that?" Ask I.

"It's from that Lance Armstrong thing on Youtube, when he's training in the snow and his coach wants him to stop, but he doesn't" says the littl'un.

Oh no... Is there no minimum age for brainwashed fanboys?

Unlike Saint Lance, we gave up after our fronts and rears both washed sideways half a dozen times approaching a steep descent.

That is why he didn't win the TdF seven times and we have only not one it no times.

Top Bottom