Commuting plod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I was rather pleasantly surprised to see two red light jumping cyclists pulled over by motorbike police this morning. One was rather amuzing as the cyclist was so far into his own world that he didn't even notice a police motorbike along side him asking him to pull over. The plod didn't sound overly happy about it. This was in Farringdon and Southwark.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
hhaha brilliant!

Bugner

We need plod on foot to do the same. I have seen many a time where bobby's just ignore moronic cycling behaviour. Even if it just a ticking off

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Good that they're going after RLJs, but a shame they seem to concentrate purely on cyclists. There's a roundabout not far from me where you could catch hundreds of RLJ motorists between 8 am and 9 am every single day.

TheDoctor said:
Good that they're going after RLJs, but a shame they seem to concentrate purely on cyclists. There's a roundabout not far from me where you could catch hundreds of RLJ motorists between 8 am and 9 am every single day.

Cameras on many more roundabouts / crossroads would be useful IMO and would catch thousands of RLJ's every day. Think of the revenue! And only the guilty are penalised.

Plus, if it had a deterrent value over time, so much the better.

Bman

Guru
beanzontoast said:
Cameras on many more roundabouts / crossroads would be useful IMO and would catch thousands of RLJ's every day. But that, just like speed cameras, would be yet another tax on the poor hard-done-by, motorist.

Plus, if it had a deterrent value over time, so much the better.

Corrected for you :becool:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
BentMikey said:
Why would you need to stop past the stop line? I don't think that's a very good idea.

I didn't explain that very well. On my commute there quite a lot of traffic light controlled cross roads where the stop line is well back from the crossing traffic. I like to be as far in front of the vehicles behind me when the lights change.

Top Bottom