Compact Top trunk/bag for my rack.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Midsrider

Hi all,

I have been after a bag to go on the top of my rack on my new Trek DS2 bike rack. I do family rides, so looking for something simple for 2-3 locks, drinks and snacks/sandwiches etc.

Now I did LOVE the look of the new Bontrager MIK bag, which looks perfect but a little out of my price bracket....but my questions on the bags are below with the list.

Trek Bontrager - LINK
Now I am a snob for branding, and this ticks the right boxes, my only issue is 1 - the cost, 2 - not comparable on a non MIK rack (but this year - all our racks will be MIK)
No reviews......no videos etc.....no feedback on the quality...not just on this, but any of the Bontrager bags.

Nasjac bike bag - LINK
This is a bag I found on amazing and reviews have been brilliant! Waterproof too. It seems to be a Chinese mass produced bag and a few companies on various sites are selling them. I have messaged a few people on amazing and some have had them 8-9 months and used 5 times a day and still like brand new. So this ticks boxes a lot of boxes.
They also have the Frame Bag - which I have actually ordered today to see what its like, as again its the perfect size for my tools, mobile, spares and keys etc. LINK

My question is - I want a matching frame bad around 2l and a compact top bag for my rack, do you think the Nasjac ones are ok for a casual rider?
Or would it be worth keeping the frame bag from NasJac and saving for the Bontrager bag? I will be buying some Pannier bags to go on the side at some point for longer days out and some weekend travels maybe in 2022.

Another brand I looked at is the BTS bags, but I didn't like the fact a lot of people have said great bags, but the bags let in water.

Any advice or users of the bags I have mentioned .....or any other options please?

Another thought I did have - is why I am bothering at all with a frame bag if I have a rack? - I hear that over time, frame bags can damaged the paint work and finish on a bike - I could strap this to the rack....too many options !

Thanks all.

Last edited:
You could just use any dry bag you want and bungee or elastic cord it down. Keep it simple.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I have just purchased one for £8 from ebay. It is not stiff like the expensive ones but for Ms T.F to pop on the back of the Galaxy for all of the Summer touring we are going to do (???) it is great VFM.

Top Bottom