Complaints about moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Founder
I've updated the site guidelines to add a procedure for making complaints about the site moderation - simply contact me directly with your complaint via personal conversation (Inbox), email (forums@cyclechat.net), or the site contact form.

All moderation actions are logged so include useful details such as dates, times, links to threads or posts that will help me review the complaint and give me an outline of what you feel the problem is.

Any publicly posted complaints will be locked as there is nothing the membership can do to address them and the opinions of uninvolved parties just serves to make dealing with complaints more difficult.

Please also refrain from making personal remarks towards moderators and give me time to consider your complaint (I run CC in my spare time so might not always be able to respond straight away - please be patient).

Thanks,
Shaun

Your house, your rules, I think you do a sterling job.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Your house, your rules, I think you do a sterling job.

I agree, when things are great - which is 99% of the time, people say nowt; it is only the other 1% that they'll actually comment on. This is a great forum, with many members; there will, inevitably, be conflicts and misunderstandings . . . . . . . just like in a pub :thumbsup:

As Catrike has mentioned, 'you do a sterling job' and exhibit great tact, diplomacy & patience whilst doing so - very few on this forum could do likewise. (I'd have strangled some of them, ages ago ^_^)

yello

Are forums becoming like some sports? Talking back, arguing with the ref, questioning the decisions, etc.

Play the game - the ref's decision is final! :laugh:

mangaman

Are forums becoming like some sports? Talking back, arguing with the ref, questioning the decisions, etc.

Play the game - the ref's decision is final! :laugh:

Fair enough - and I agree, of course, that Shaun does a great job as do the Mods.

But I think if they think something to be unnacceptable, a polite request to stop on the thread is in order - so we all know.

A shouty threat - if that becomes needed - should be done via PM so we can't all see it.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Fair enough - and I agree, of course, that Shaun does a great job as do the Mods.

But I think if they think something to be unnacceptable, a polite request to stop on the thread is in order - so we all know.

A shouty threat - if that becomes needed - should be done via PM so we can't all see it.

Isn't it better if we can see ? In order that we might 'learn' by example, just what is acceptable ?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
There are different actions we can take depending on a situation. Most of the modding on CC is fairly low level stuff but we can't have a "rule" for every situation and sometimes people may feel the modding hasn't been fair and they want to complain. I've no problem with that, but we've never really formalised the process of just how to complain, so I wanted to let people know how I'd prefer to handle it.

Public disucssions about individual modding actions can produce reactive comments from uninvolved members that can inflame and skew the original complaint and make it difficult for me to address it. A PM or email simply allows me some time and space to review the complaint, talk to people, and make an assessment without being under pressure to "answer".

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Personally I think Shaun should just be sacked... let him get on with his life rather than spending it all in here dealing with us lot. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
You can't sack me - I'm the only one who knows where the red button for the secret pie, chocolate and beer dispensing device is ... :whistle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
click-here-red-button-drop-shadow-thumb16142157.jpg

Attachments

• click-here-red-button-drop-shadow-thumb16142157.jpg
    click-here-red-button-drop-shadow-thumb16142157.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 48

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just noticed that you have removed the moderators' 'scrolls'! I saw the post where you listed the mods but didn't see any mention of this change. I think it is probably a good idea because, otherwise, it is hard to treat them as ordinary members, which is what they are most of the time when posting.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
You can't sack me - I'm the only one who knows where the red button for the secret pie, chocolate and beer dispensing device is ... :whistle:
Well, you've been talking about this for years...never seen any of it. I reckon it either lies or you've been having many midnight feasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom