Complaints about moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too advanced C!!
Sorry, it this better?

balance_scooter.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
You need some of these.No finger prints.More chocolate and more bisquits.No prints ok gov.

Attachments

• ConformPlus-t.jpg
    ConformPlus-t.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 57

Jezston

Über Member
Probably get shot down for sticking my neck out over this but - may I ask why the instructions for reporting moderators appears just as moderator status gets hidden again? May I ask the reasoning for this as I've never been on a forum before where moderators are not clearly labelled.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Moderator status has not been hidden at all.
List of moderators is HERE.
And those that are online 'now' are shown on the front page

Jezston

Über Member
I'm talking about more about the little flag on the avatar that was there until last week. What was wrong with that?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I'm talking about more about the little flag on the avatar that was there until last week. What was wrong with that?

I removed the labels because people were treating posts that moderators were making as "moderator" posts, rather then simply viewing them as personal posts by fellow CC members (which is what the vast majority are!!).

The list is available for anyone to see who the moderators are and it would hopefully be obvious when a mod is posting in their capacity as a moderator, but if it isn't just ask the mod or me for clarification.

Shaun

Jezston

Über Member
I removed the labels because people were treating posts that moderators were making as "moderator" posts, rather then simply viewing them as personal posts by fellow CC members

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean people were interpreting a moderator's comments as "this is the voice of the forum authority!" (so to speak) with the banner? If so I would argue if that was the effect it was having, and this was seen as negative in instances, then the effect is still there once a member recognises a user as a moderator.

Norm

You can 'argue' all you like, Jez, but a trial over more than a month showed enough people weren't able to make that separation and it had a profound impact on the way that many moderator's regular posts were interpreted.

Jezston

Über Member
You can 'argue' all you like, Jez, but a trial over more than a month showed enough people weren't able to make that separation and it had a profound impact on the way that many moderator's regular posts were interpreted.

I'm not saying I disagree with that, and I'm not trying to be confrontational.

If you could elaborate on what impact it had that will help me understand.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
If you could elaborate on what impact it had that will help me understand.

See here:

I removed the labels because people were treating posts that moderators were making as "moderator" posts, rather then simply viewing them as personal posts by fellow CC members (which is what the vast majority are!!)

... just in case it wasn't clear the first time I posted it.

However, for clarification, the impact of this was that moderators were not free to simply enjoy the forums the same as everyone else because their posts were being misinterpreted. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom